ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DBX DR 260 with GUI on Windows 8 OS  (Read 3678 times)

John Bailey Jr.

• Marketplace
DBX DR 260 with GUI on Windows 8 OS
« on: April 04, 2015, 06:10:02 PM »

HELP! Does the 260 not operate on Windows 8? Have Ver. 160 on unit,  Ver 2.50 installed on laptop. unit cant find Com port. Help! Quickly! Thanks, John

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: DBX DR 260 with GUI on Windows 8 OS
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »

HELP! Does the 260 not operate on Windows 8? Have Ver. 160 on unit,  Ver 2.50 installed on laptop. unit cant find Com port. Help! Quickly! Thanks, John

Windows 8 what?  8 or 8.1?  Is the serial port working?  Have you tried modifying compatability mode settings?  You might also have to run as administrator.

To test serial port build loopback plug (DB-9 pin 2 and 3 connected together).  Download the free putty terminal client and select the com port for your serial.  Open the terminal session and enter some characters.  They should be echoed back.  pull the loopback and it should stop.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:28:35 AM »

I have used Driveware on Windows 8 and 8.1.    IIRC the software loaded fine, I don't think I had to use the compatibility wizard on it.  I assume you are using a usb to serial adaptor.
Early on there were compatibility issues and not all of them worked.  I don't know if DBX worked that out or not.  I always used the Keyspan USA-19hs with no issues.  Most likely however is that your com port is misassigned.  Connect your usb adaptor, right click on the start menu icon at the left bottom corner of your desktop, and click on device manager, double click on ports (com&lpt), find your adaptor and note the com number, open Driveware, click on file, click on preferences.  There is a drop down box on the top of the preference menu to select the port.  Make sure the port that your adaptor is on is selected.  Exit, and close Driveware.  Restart Driveware and you should be good to go.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:28:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.