ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Trap box rig  (Read 27777 times)

Eddie Ybarra

Trap box rig
« on: March 16, 2015, 01:04:28 PM »

Ok so my plan to get a kf850 rig died a slow painful death when me my dad and a friend tried to get it on top of a sub, go figure :'(
The idea was two kf850s aside powered by QSC and 8800 processed, nothing huge but sound quality would be superior to any store bought feather light million watt powered p.o.s
So back to the drawing board, my intension for this rig is be my "A rig" I'm about quality over quantity plus I have no need for a gigantic rig because my "big" shows are normally for a few hundred people and are outside. I don't really need to throw far maybe a hundred feet the most and definitely not wide either, a hundred feet too.Also not trying to fill any riders but would like a recognized brand,would like it to be scalable so I can add as needed. Music would be regular rock n roll, top 40, some Christian top 40, and various singers with tracks nothing bass heavy at all.
Now to the nitty gritty other systems I've looked at are JBL SRX725 (if I can find some) with TH118 ITech powered,D&B C7 with B2 D12/D80powered,Nexo AlphaE QSC powered NX242 processed,KF650 QSC powered 8800 processed,Danley SM80 TH118 ITech powered, EV QRX212 with TH118 QSC powered XTA processed.As you can see all the systems I've listed are very different from one to another but like I said I'm really about quality over quantity and line arrays lol

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Trap box rig
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »

Ok so my plan to get a kf850 rig died a slow painful death when me my dad and a friend tried to get it on top of a sub, go figure :'(
The idea was two kf850s aside powered by QSC and 8800 processed, nothing huge but sound quality would be superior to any store bought feather light million watt powered p.o.s
So back to the drawing board, my intension for this rig is be my "A rig" I'm about quality over quantity plus I have no need for a gigantic rig because my "big" shows are normally for a few hundred people and are outside. I don't really need to throw far maybe a hundred feet the most and definitely not wide either, a hundred feet too.Also not trying to fill any riders but would like a recognized brand,would like it to be scalable so I can add as needed. Music would be regular rock n roll, top 40, some Christian top 40, and various singers with tracks nothing bass heavy at all.
Now to the nitty gritty other systems I've looked at are JBL SRX725 (if I can find some) with TH118 ITech powered,D&B C7 with B2 D12/D80powered,Nexo AlphaE QSC powered NX242 processed,KF650 QSC powered 8800 processed,Danley SM80 TH118 ITech powered, EV QRX212 with TH118 QSC powered XTA processed.As you can see all the systems I've listed are very different from one to another but like I said I'm really about quality over quantity and line arrays lol

Quality usually means more money. How much you willing to spend?

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »

I figure I would be getting close to the 100k mark if buying new, so buying used is totally a option.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 01:29:44 PM »

I figure I would be getting close to the 100k mark if buying new, so buying used is totally a option.

Mike K. in the Marketplace just posted an SRX722/718S rig for $8,500. A buddy of mine here in Seattle uses that system all the time for small to medium sized festivals and shows. We did the pre-game performances at the home Seahawks games with that exact configuration of speakers; XTI6002 powered. It has a great low end and coverage-- basically we set up on the NW side of the stadium, aimed across the street, and just full smooth coverage.

If I was in your shoes, I would jump on that setup; great price point! (My buddy is just like you- he would rather spend more to have the right tool for the job.)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 01:34:34 PM »

Sweet gonna go check it out, thanks

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 01:57:35 PM »

Sweet gonna go check it out, thanks

If I had 100K to spend I think I would look at something other than SRX722's.

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »

If I had 100K to spend I think I would look at something other than SRX722's.
What would you suggest?

John L Nobile

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 02:13:05 PM »

Is that 100k just for speakers and amps?

The SM80/TH118 system with crank stands should do the job very well for you. Not sure if you would need 1 or 2 subs a side but since you're outside, 2 per side might be necessary.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »

He stated:

I don't think that was an amount he actually WANTS to spend.

Two years ago, he was flirting with the $65K number, but I don't know if that has changed or not since then.

-Ray

reference:
well my target budget right now is 65k ill dish a little more if i have to and rent what ever else i need i.e. monitor rig extra mics distro. the guys here are running huge line array rigs and the other small local guys like my self are running SRX peavey home made stuff.My clients hire local bands for the events so a tech rider is not a issue but i do keep it in mind with what ever the system will be. I know that a line array is not my one stop shop to success so im considering all options.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »

Is that 100k just for speakers and amps?

The SM80/TH118 system with crank stands should do the job very well for you. Not sure if you would need 1 or 2
subs a side but since you're outside, 2 per side might be necessary.
For mobility and ease of use the SM80 and TH118 rig starts to look real good

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.