ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trap box rig  (Read 18953 times)

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
Re: Trap box rig
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2015, 02:42:10 pm »

I could do this with processing in my Crown amplifiers, but don't have the measuring tools or the skills to interpret at this time.
If you are talking about delaying your sub to the tops (or vise-versa), you can do this easily by going old school.  Play a sine wave at the frequency of your cross-over point.  Flip the polarity of your subs so they are 180 degrees out of phase and adjust your delay until you get the greatest degree of cancelation.  Just remember to flip your subs back in phase.
Back to the op. If you like the 850's and especially if you already own the UX processor, you might consider KF650's.  They are a two man lift rather then 3+, will get within a couple of dBs of the 850s, and IMHO a better choice for two box arrays.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »

If you are talking about delaying your sub to the tops (or vise-versa), you can do this easily by going old school.  Play a sine wave at the frequency of your cross-over point.  Flip the polarity of your subs so they are 180 degrees out of phase and adjust your delay until you get the greatest degree of cancelation.  Just remember to flip your subs back in phase.

In many crossovers, you actually need to flip the polarity of "every other band" or adjacent bands.  This could possibly mean that the lows would need to be out of polarity with the subs to get the most addition.

in this case you simply leave both bands IN polarity and find maximum cancellation, then flip the lows out of polarity.

The big problem with this method is that you have no idea what is happening above and below the ACOUSTIC crossover point.

So while you may get addition at crossover-above or  below there could be cancellation.

THis could end up being worse than if the crossover point were not adding like it should.

Of course there are a lot of "it depends" in this method.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2015, 02:55:52 pm »

How do the Fulcrums compare to other boxes of the same kind?

I wasn't able to get my hands on a set of Danley SM80 around the time of my purchase.

They are significant step up compared to the QRx212/SRX722 in Clarity and Coverage.

I have been told that the FA22ac will give the KF650's a run in loudness.

Eddie Ybarra

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »

Awesome thanks!!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.