ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PowerPoint Clicker  (Read 7702 times)

Kyle Malenfant

PowerPoint Clicker
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »

Hello,

I need to pick up a wireless PowerPoint clicker for my customer to use during a presentation.  I'm well aware of Master Cue and it's capabilities for larger, high-end corporate work.  Unfortuneately, its out of my price range.  Is there an alternative?  If not, I can certainly settle for a consumer-grade option based on any recommendation here on the forums (did a search, couldn't find anything).

There are tons of clickers available from Best Buy, Staples, etc but a recommendation would be most helpful.  Also, many of the clickers I've seen have 5+ buttons on the remote..I feel like that gives the presener too many options of hitting the wrong button and messing something up.  I like how the Master Cue system only gives the presenter the option of back, forward, and blackout.  Something like that would be great to find in a more reasonable price range ($100 +/-).

Thanks for the input.

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
Re: PowerPoint Clicker
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »

I asked a similar question (looking for something without so many buttons...) in the HoW A/V forum and had some useful answers:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,150062.0.html

SMK-Link RemotePoint Emerald seemed to be the weapon of choice out of consumer-grade stuff. I deal with a few regular presenters who eventually got used the one we have so I never did buy a different one in the end.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »

Cool I'll take a look.  Thanks!

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 04:02:27 PM »

Cool I'll take a look.  Thanks!
Kyle,

Look for a presentation remote that allows your modify what the keys do - or at least disable them. I like to disable the Blackout button, and sometimes the Back button.

D'San also makes professional-grade presentation remotes that I use almost every day of my professional life.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »

Kyle,

Look for a presentation remote that allows your modify what the keys do - or at least disable them. I like to disable the Blackout button, and sometimes the Back button.

D'San also makes professional-grade presentation remotes that I use almost every day of my professional life.

After reading the thread, I'm looking at these two:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/749534-REG/DSAN_Corp_PC_MICRO_PC_MICRO_PERFECT_CUE_MICRO.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/325658-REG/Interlink_Electronics_VP4150_VP4150_Remotepoint_Navigator_RF.html

Apples and oranges, I'm sure.  Buy once cry once is always something I tend to follow though only recently did we get a couple requests for clickers and the application is more board room than large conference. 

Any opinions on either of these brands?

I feel like if I go for the D'San then I might as well go for the Master Cue system which I have had great experiences with.  Though, now we're talking of an almost $500 difference…

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »

I have used the full size D'San unit on many gigs.  They see hard use and keep on working.  I would put them firmly in the pro category.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Shawn Keck

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 02:43:42 PM »

The Dsan Perfect Cue full size unit is the industry standard workhorse and is rock solid with great range. If budget is an issue go with the Mini or Mico without question. I have a bunch of the Best Buy AND SMK-LINK USB clickers as well and would not trust those for more than a small breakout of 25-30 people or if the laptop was up with the presenter on stage.

Biggest advantage to the Dsan is that that they connect to the computer via a USB cable so you can place the receiver in a higher or better place to receive the signal. With the other units the receiver is essential a USB stick that will be buried in the side of back of your computer...which usually does not have a very good line of sight to the presenter.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:49:35 PM by Shawn Keck »

Collin Donohue

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »

We also have plenty of different items in our inventory.  Our preference is always to go with anything from the PerfectCue line.  We've got a bunch of Micros that we use for breakout rooms for their simplicity and dependability.  We also have Minis and full-size originals and they are workhorses.

We typically stock the 2-button clickers (forward and backward) but you can get clickers that also have the blackout button and a laser pointer.

If you use the PerfectCue software, you can enable and disable certain button commands, as well as customize what each button does.

The ability to KNOW what transmitters are paired to what receivers and swap out units as needed is an added bonus.

The only downside to the PerfectCues is that some people like the idea of just one stick out of the computer, as opposed to a cable and cue light.  Personally, I don't see the issue, but there are some customers who make the "what the heck is this big thing" comment.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.