ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDBaseT compatibility between brands - Successes? Failures?  (Read 2531 times)

Erik Nowakowski

• The AV Pro
HDBaseT compatibility between brands - Successes? Failures?
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:12 pm »

I'm specifically interested in knowing if the new Epson Pro G and Pro Z projectors' HDBaseT inputs play nice with other transmitters.

Epson wants more for just their transmitter than you can spend to get a decent Tx/Rx set.

Although, stories in general would be very good information for the community too.

Who's using HDBaseT?

Caleb Dueck

Re: HDBaseT compatibility between brands - Successes? Failures?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:42:13 pm »

As long as you use reputable brands, they typically play nice. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Ian Moore

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 02:44:31 pm »

Careful with RF interference and HDBaseT Baluns. We did a show and found we were ocassionally losing sync on our SR projector. I did a test with a couple CP200's and some various lengths of Cat5e and Cat6. (50'-400')
The TX button on the walkie causes sync loss immediately anywhere near the RX balun and with cable any more than 50' of cable.
Obviously the longer runs are affected more quickly and it depends on how close you are.
After that we only use SDI Coax.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 03:01:11 pm »

Careful with RF interference and HDBaseT Baluns. We did a show and found we were ocassionally losing sync on our SR projector. I did a test with a couple CP200's and some various lengths of Cat5e and Cat6. (50'-400')
The TX button on the walkie causes sync loss immediately anywhere near the RX balun and with cable any more than 50' of cable.
Obviously the longer runs are affected more quickly and it depends on how close you are.
After that we only use SDI Coax.

Yup - we have the same problem with our municipal 800 MHz radios. Slowly changing over to SDI coax as well. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Donkle

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »

HDbaseT generally recommends using shielded Cat cables only for this very reason.
Consultant

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 07:43:33 pm »

HDbaseT generally recommends using shielded Cat cables only for this very reason.
Alex, I definitely agree with you there.

I regularly use Monoprice HD-BaseT HDMI extenders and have never had any issues with RF causing dropouts, other issues, etc.

I make sure to use Solid STP Cat6 with couplers that carry the cable shielding through. Whatever the manufacturer specs is always a good bet.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.