ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wifi extender set-up simple enough for a non wifi expert???  (Read 22628 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Wifi extender set-up simple enough for a non wifi expert???
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2015, 03:13:37 PM »

So the further away the better....?

To a certain extent yes.  2.4Ghz is a very tiny wavelength.  The object is well below the center of radiation.  If it was parallel to the center of radiation I would say the more the better.  On the bottom you just don't want the antenna inside to couple to the stand.

I am sure that we think of antenna differently.  If you took the router apart the antenna could simply be a trace printed on the board with a matching network or it could be a metal loop.  Either way it's very simple.  The external antenna the attach to the screw on connectors (R-TNC or SMA for the little ones) usually just have a wire or spring inside.  The ones that are fat at the bottom and skinny at top and claim some gain are 5/8 over 1/2 wave or some other combination of radiators that compresses the vertical pattern for horizontal gain (wow, just like the horn on a speaker, see why I love physics).  Once you get into the directional yagi and log periodic style antenna do you see a complex series of elements.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Wifi extender set-up simple enough for a non wifi expert???
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2015, 03:13:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.