ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performance Manager configuration question  (Read 1285 times)

Dave Horo

Performance Manager configuration question
« on: August 07, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »

I'm having a problem setting up Performance Manager to run 4880 subs with IT4x3500s.  I can't figure out how to set up the configuration so it matches what's really going on.

I have 7 pairs of subs, 14 boxes total.  I have 4 amps, or 16 channels to drive them.  Obviously, I'm only using 14 channels and have a spare.  Since the subs use both pairs in the NL4 connector, each amp channel is actually running 2 drivers in different boxes - the top two on pair 1 and the bottom 2 on pair 2, but that shouldn't be relevant.

When I add 4880s to PM, it brings them in as pairs, so I add 7 pairs.  The problem is that when I add the amplifiers it only allows me to assign one amp channel per pair of boxes, which would only let me assign 7 channels of amplification.  I'm getting around this by adding 28 subs instead of 14, but this doesn't seem right.

What am I doing wrong?
 - Dave

Raul Suarez

• Third Ear Sound
Re: Performance Manager configuration question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »

Click on the icon at the top the the sub array and change the "Sub Mode" to discrete instead of parrallel.  That will turn the subs into S1 and a seperate S2 intead of the S1+S2.  You will then circuit S1 to one of the pair of channel on each NL4 output and S2 to the other channel.  I hope that helps

Raul Suarez
Third Ear Sound
Raul Suarez
General Manager
Third Ear Sound

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Performance Manager configuration question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.