ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Training volunteers  (Read 3926 times)

Sebastian Veney

Training volunteers
« on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:49 PM »

Hey everyone,

I am a volunteer sound team lead (who is not a professional sound guy) and our church is in the process of recruiting new team members. We now have to get them properly trained. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to train our volunteers (most of which,aren't pros either), either online or an on site location. We are in Washington DC.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Training volunteers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »

Hey everyone,

I am a volunteer sound team lead (who is not a professional sound guy) and our church is in the process of recruiting new team members. We now have to get them properly trained. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to train our volunteers (most of which,aren't pros either), either online or an on site location. We are in Washington DC.

Tell us a little about your church.

How big is it?
What kind of equipment do you currently have?

Thomas Harkin

• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »

Hey everyone,

Look here:
http://churchsoundcheck.com/resources.html

Thomas Le

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:13:26 AM »

Have a look at the Yamaha Sound reinforcement DVD, pretty sure it's readily available online if you know where to look...

Darren Aitcheson

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 05:50:36 AM »

Hey everyone,

Musicademy has a series of DVDs, which can also be downloaded. I'm not sure if they're any good, since I need to convince my church to pay for them ( :) ), but they might be worth a look.

http://www.musicademy.com/store/uk/sound-tech-training-churches/church-sound-tech.html

Sebastian Veney

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »

Tell us a little about your church.

How big is it?
What kind of equipment do you currently have?
[/quote
We are a small church, our worship team consists of one keyboard,guitar, bass, drums and 3-4 singers on wireless mics, and a choir od 4-7. Our soundboard is the Behringer X32 with an S16 snake. We currently meet at the Regal Theaters at Gallery Place

Sebastian Veney

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 10:19:04 PM »

Musicademy has a series of DVDs, which can also be downloaded. I'm not sure if they're any good, since I need to convince my church to pay for them ( :) ), but they might be worth a look.

http://www.musicademy.com/store/uk/sound-tech-training-churches/church-sound-tech.html
Thanks Darren, looks great from the previews.

Michael Williams

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • www.fohmix.com
    • FOHMIX
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 01:49:02 PM »

You might consider checking with some of the churches in your area that you know have good engineers and see if they would be willing to help work with your engineers.  I have helped a couple churches in my area over the years and am sure others are willing to do that as well. 
-Michael

Excellence in engineering starts first with the engineer, not the equipment.
www.fohmix.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 01:49:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.