ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Nights show - first time for everything...  (Read 11716 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Last Nights show - first time for everything...
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 10:07:30 pm »

Always keep a channel or 2 routed to nothing for making adjustments when such people are giving you this kind of help.

Also not sure if one of these would have helped your mix: http://www.rane.com/pi14.html

Or you could keep a stash of bogus coupons from an ear clinic offering $5 off an exam/cleaning to hand out to such select individuals.

I have a little flashing red light which snaps onto a 9v battery.  I used to set it on top of my FX rack with a sign saying, "Please do not speak to the engineer when the red light is flashing."

It actually worked.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:09:42 pm by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 10:09:41 pm »

Or you could keep a stash of bogus coupons from an ear clinic offering $5 off an exam/cleaning to hand out to such select individuals.

And I WOULD do that !... ;)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 10:11:07 pm »

And I WOULD do that !... ;)

YW.

Let's make up a design, put it in a PDF and let everyone print out their own to use!!!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »

YW.

Let's make up a design, put it in a PDF and let everyone print out their own to use!!!

I'm game !
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 10:17:25 pm »

Like this ??

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 10:18:53 pm »

Or this

Richard Turner

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 10:33:31 pm »

I've had similar complaints from a young guns uncle , a competent Jazz guitar player trying to rip me a new one about the kids rock band being "boomy". As well as not being able to hear the vocals,  I pointed out to him its a live club level rock show and thats how the last 3 acts on the bill were mixed and most of the issue was the 12-15 db increase in volume from the on stage guitar rigs over the other acts. I asked why he didn't choose a seat more on axis with the sound system. He basically "listened" to bands.he set from the wing of the stage feeling the subs and hearing neither FOH nor wedge land directly.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 11:00:59 pm »

duane massey

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 11:14:45 pm »

Used to have a picture of a console we built in the 70's  We mounted a dummy fader and silk-screened "Absolute Master" over it. When someone complained about volume we would make it a point of moving it while they watched, and asked them if that was better? Amazing how often that worked, especially at the orchestral pops shows.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Lyle Williams

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 03:29:09 am »

I was in the audience at a show and it was sounding pretty sweet.  The sound guy came and sat in the aisle next to me with his iPad.  Then he pushed 2.5kHz up a lot.  Ouch.

What do you do?  Not a thing.  It's their show.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 03:29:09 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.