ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Soundcraft Expression and Waves  (Read 3477 times)

Jim Neighbors

Re: Soundcraft Expression and Waves
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »

will the new Waves Tracks live work on the SI2 console without one of the cards?  If not, which of the Soundcraft cards would be best suited for this?  I would like to be able to use my SI2 to record and playback like my Presonus board did,  Im not sure how the best way to do this is.

thanks

Michael Grimaila

Re: Soundcraft Expression and Waves
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:53:10 PM »

will the new Waves Tracks live work on the SI2 console without one of the cards?  If not, which of the Soundcraft cards would be best suited for this?  I would like to be able to use my SI2 to record and playback like my Presonus board did,  Im not sure how the best way to do this is.

thanks

I am not familiar with Waves Tracks, but I do use Reaper with my Si Expression 3. Out of the box, the Expression does not support recording.  You have to purchase the Multi-Digital card (USB and FireWire) or better yet the MADI-USB card which allows you use a stagebox.  It may be similar with the Si2.
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

Jim Neighbors

Re: Re: Soundcraft Expression and Waves
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »

thanks Michael,  you confirmed what I was thinking about the card.   I will save up for the MADI-USB card and go from there,

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »

The MADI/USB combo card will work with any DAW software that supports ASIO drivers. Good software and a good system will yield excellent results with latency under 5ms supporting 32 channels in and stereo monitoring. I use Cubase 8 Pro and have no issues to report at all. Using the card in this manner also added 32 channels to the Expressions input capabilities.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 10:16:21 AM »

" Back home again in Indiana..."

Sorry Jim.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 10:16:21 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.