ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Designer 1  (Read 4337 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Re: Show Designer 1
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 09:13:49 pm »

Thanks Mike.  We currently have all of the fixtures that we are going to be using for the 'Bar/small show' system.  We have 16 matching 7/10 watt quad pars for our front and back lighting and 2 Blizzard ProPar 7/4 10 watt pars for drums.  What we want to be able to do is address each light individually or as a group.  Can we do that with the Show Designer 1?  We do this with Martin MPC all of the time.  If the everyone believes the Show Designer 1 will do what we need to do then I will buy on this week.  Then I can get back to running sound.

My brother is new at doing this, but does a more than adequate job for small shows.  I want to get him something that he can learn between now and the end of April so we can be ready for May - November.  Those are our busiest months.  As I said, currently we are using Martin MPC for everything with a laptop.

Thanks
Bill

One other thing, your "light show" and fixtures kind of meed to be defined up front - buy them first, set them up - basically have them all together and setup before you start programming your basic scenes. You can add fxiture and elements to the scenes later, but it seems best to me to have everything defined up front.

Mike
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

duane massey

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 10:59:17 pm »

You can run more than 16 fixtures on the SD16 if you set them and the controller up properly. If they fixtures use either 8 or 16 channels just use the "multi" feature. If not, when you set up the profiles for the fixtures add some empty channels to the profile to fill out the address to either 8 or 16. This will make it easier to program when you multi them.
Don't let the seemingly complex aspects of setting up the controller scare you. It's really fairly simple once you get into it.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 10:59:17 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.