ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DigiCo S21 Console  (Read 70220 times)

Kevin McDonough

Re: DigiCo S21 Console
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »

42 flexi inputs and 48 with a future software update at a huge price point probably

Well that's the question isn't it.  Its obviously the start of a new software platform, as well as desk format of screens above all the faders.  So is the S range gonna be a lower priced range or is it gonna be one of the lower models of an eventual SD series replacement?

I think probably the former, and think the price will be around pro 1 teritory, maybe a shade cheaper, but not as low as M32, or soundcraft expressions, A&H GLD etc 

k

Josh Voyles

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 08:34:18 AM »

Well that's the question isn't it.  Its obviously the start of a new software platform, as well as desk format of screens above all the faders.  So is the S range gonna be a lower priced range or is it gonna be one of the lower models of an eventual SD series replacement?

I think probably the former, and think the price will be around pro 1 teritory, maybe a shade cheaper, but not as low as M32, or soundcraft expressions, A&H GLD etc 

k

In the end it's going to come down to size and weight for me.

That's one of the huge things that appeals so much about the S3L-X system.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 09:05:27 AM »

In the end it's going to come down to size and weight for me.

That's one of the huge things that appeals so much about the S3L-X system.

So far, those are the only things appealing about the Avid S3L, and for me size/weight isn't a big issue because we have stage hands to move stuff.  Avid needs to come up with a coherent plan to deal with a huge installed user base that they appear to be willing to abandon.  /topic swerve
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »

So far, those are the only things appealing about the Avid S3L, and for me size/weight isn't a big issue because we have stage hands to move stuff.  Avid needs to come up with a coherent plan to deal with a huge installed user base that they appear to be willing to abandon.  /topic swerve
Lulz...Avid can't come up with a coherent plan to deal with a much, much larger installed user base for their core products. They are a company in disarry.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Jim Turner

• Calgary, Alberta... Canada eh!
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 05:24:21 AM »

k

I think the former as well...
I'm hoping it will play nice with the existing SD range.
smile & wave...

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 10:49:32 AM »

T-Minus 13 hours...  8)

Digico S21
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 03:24:37 PM »

Josh Voyles

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »

I thought when Digico mentioned "revealed," they were going to have all the information available to the public.

Instead we are getting fed specs we already know is small portions like a baby.

I also don't know how they are sold out of their first production run only using social media. I can't find pricing anywhere and a vendor I use didn't know about the S21 until I mentioned it.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »

I also don't know how they are sold out of their first production run only using social media

Probably because the only people who have known about it (under the wraps of a NDA) are the various rep firms that were required to buy one to demo to their subordinate vendors. So maybe a dozen or so in the first production run?
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »

Also, I find it curious, now, with all of the various console announcements this week and last, that the OP is a product manager for Avid? I'm pretty sure that he did not have that in his sig when this thread started a a month and a half ago.

???
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.