ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DigiCo S21 Console  (Read 62469 times)

josh allman

Re: DigiCo S21 Console
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »

I think it's the general public acceptance of selling beta products. "Ship it and fix it later" mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Halligan

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2015, 07:00:14 PM »

I think it's the general public acceptance of selling beta products. "Ship it and fix it later" mentality.

Or the "we have to have a new product release at [insert name of trade show here]. Just get it out, and we'll fix it later" mentality.

I suspect it's largely driven by being petrified of the public perception of being left behind in the market..."we need to be seen as having a new product."

Cheers,
Tim
An analogue brain in a digital world.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »

Yes, this is similar to how it was in the D1. Another option would be to use matrixes as your main system feeds and send your groups to the matrix.

I mentioned that on the previous page as that was the same issue we had encountered on the D1 we owned. We would just use the matrix as the system "Masters"
We have since moved on from the D1 to SD8s and SD9s.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2015, 09:05:37 AM »

Most touring FOH persons typically have to send mixes to an ever-expanding panoply of entities - local radio, video, streaming, artist archiving, etc. - each with their own "level" issues. It has become the norm to push FOH Master through Matrix.

DiGiCo's stretch to a broader market probably is responsible for this oversight, and rapid software updates are in the mix....so to speak.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »

S21 D-Rack Touring pack $13,295. 75m Cat5 snake 56 In 20 Out
S21 D2-Rack Touring Pack $17,550 100m Madi snake 72 In 28 out

Chris Tsanjoures

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2015, 02:23:38 AM »

Or the "we have to have a new product release at [insert name of trade show here]. Just get it out, and we'll fix it later" mentality.

I suspect it's largely driven by being petrified of the public perception of being left behind in the market..."we need to be seen as having a new product."

Cheers,
Tim

Trade shows are a very convenient way to get the hype train out of the station. They provide opportunities for people to get hands on with the new gear, press to get photographs and copy material, and in many cases for the people behind the products to interface with their user community directly. That last bit is what I absolutely love about trade shows. 

There is no doubt a concern of falling behind in the market for many companies out there. Though, you will notice with strong companies there is not so much fear, but drive to push the industry forward. For the successful manufacturers in pro audio, innovation or constant development are common themes. Rolling out new products is really exciting - you get to show the world what you've been up to.

Another thing that drives development - at least in software platforms - is advancements in computer tech. For example, a program coded in 1998 will have a whole bunch of stuff in the code that is just out of date and obsolete when working on operating systems ten years down the road. In this case, the only way to proceed may be to completely update the programming dev environment, which could result in broken code - doh! You have to then go and fix all the things that broke, and in that process you start to make all sorts of improvements that you couldn't do before because the old dev environment didn't have the features necessary - this can be quite a rabbit hole and is about as exciting as it gets for software developers. So now you've got a huge update on your hands and a new dev environment that will be suitable for the next 10 years, more or less. Releasing this work as a dot revision just seems a bit silly, and thusly a new major version number is born...yee-haw
I am employed by Rational Acoustics. Besides being a Product Manager for the Smaart Platform, I operate as a fully deployable Smaart Ninja (aka Instructor/System Guy).

Pascal.Pincosy

• SR Forums
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »

We just got this console for a venue I manage. In the mix it's easy to use and sounds great. Setting up a show however, is a total pain in the waazoo and takes hours to get right. Missing features including no off-line editor, no global pre/post aux switching, and no ability to copy and paste graphics makes for a long slog getting your show set up. I'm hoping that the expected January update will fix most of this stuff as I really do love the feel of this console while in action.

And yes, it sounds awesome!

Chip Sciacca

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2016, 10:39:32 AM »

Good Morning fellas.
S21 Version 1.1 has hit the streets. Please contact your dealer for download links.
Tech Support Engineer
Group One Ltd.
DiGiCo USA
Klang USA

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2016, 11:06:05 AM »

Good Morning fellas.
S21 Version 1.1 has hit the streets. Please contact your dealer for download links.

What is different?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »

Good Morning fellas.

What does 1.1 fix and/or improve?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.