ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DigiCo S21 Console  (Read 62469 times)

Peter Morris

Re: DigiCo S21 Console
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2015, 08:08:15 PM »

I received my S21 and 2 MADI cards right before thanksgiving. will be happy to try and answer any questions for you guys. yes, they missed several basic things and I am on the fence about keeping it. the big thing for me is the groups cannot be assigned to the main bus. to my thinking this makes the groups useless. like tim said, when the firmware catches up i think this will be a great console-but how long will that be? i have shows i need this for coming up in a few weeks... what to do............

I dont understand where do the groups go if they are not routed to the main bus?

The S21 has Controls Groups which are more or less DCA functions / groups so they have no bus allocation and can not be routed anywhere.

The desk 16 busses can be configured as either Auxiliaries or (normal) Groups depending on how you set things up and I assume routed where ever you like.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:17:06 PM by Peter Morris »

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

I dont understand where do the groups go if they are not routed to the main bus?

The S21 has Controls Groups which are more or less DCA functions / groups so they have no bus allocation and can not be routed anywhere.

The desk 16 busses can be configured as either Auxiliaries or (normal) Groups depending on how you set things up and I assume routed where ever you like.

Read my previous post.

Marcus Thiel

• otonmusic.de
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2015, 05:21:36 AM »

I asked the german distributor and they in fact told me that it is not possible at the moment, because in the current Software there is no group to group routing, the only workaround in the moment ist to route the group to one ore two free Input Channels, and then the channel on to the Masterbus.

He also told me there will be a Software Update at the Beginning of January that will fix this, and other issues like global Aux pre/post / Tap delay etc.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:13:16 AM by Marcus Thiel »

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2015, 07:36:36 AM »

He also told me there will be a Software Update at the Beginning of January that will fix this, and other issues like global Aux pre/post / Tap delay etc.
This is the great thing about open architecture consoles...firmware updates to change or expand the console capabilities. :)
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Marcus Thiel

• otonmusic.de
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2015, 08:09:13 AM »

This is the great thing about open architecture consoles...firmware updates to change or expand the console capabilities. :)

you think the proud owners should be lucky that the faders worked for a start ..  ;)

eytan gidron

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2015, 11:02:39 PM »

I received my S21 and 2 MADI cards right before thanksgiving. will be happy to try and answer any questions for you guys. yes, they missed several basic things and I am on the fence about keeping it. the big thing for me is the groups cannot be assigned to the main bus.

Yes, this is similar to how it was in the D1. In the meantime, until the January upgrade, you could route the groups (mono or stereo) to free input channels, and use these as your group masters. Another option would be to use matrixes as your main system feeds and send your groups to the matrix.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2015, 11:14:47 PM »

Another option would be to use matrixes as your main system feeds and send your groups to the matrix.

This.

Mac

Tim Halligan

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2015, 11:18:48 PM »

You have to wonder how such a basic operation was omitted from the software from the beginning, and how it was even allowed out of the factory door in such a state.

I suspect that the software designers - and not just those at Digico - have never actually mixed anything...

...including a cake.

And the hot and cold taps in the shower.

:facepalm

Cheers,
Tim
An analogue brain in a digital world.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2015, 01:12:35 AM »

You have to wonder how such a basic operation was omitted from the software from the beginning, and how it was even allowed out of the factory door in such a state.

I suspect that the software designers - and not just those at Digico - have never actually mixed anything...

...including a cake.

And the hot and cold taps in the shower.

:facepalm

Cheers,
Tim

Indeed.

To be fair, DiGiCo isn't the only myopic console builder - Midas & Yamaha have done some fairly inexplicable feature throttling, too.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Riley Casey

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »

With Yamaha it seems more often driven by an apparent need to differentiate pricier models from the cheaper gear.  They seem to have finally gotten over that particular quirk with the CL / QL lines.

Indeed.

To be fair, DiGiCo isn't the only myopic console builder - Midas & Yamaha have done some fairly inexplicable feature throttling, too.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.