ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confidence Monitor carts?  (Read 4644 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Confidence Monitor carts?
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:32:09 AM »

I'm looking for some confidence monitor stands for some 55" TV's and currently I'm only finding stands in the $450+ range which is a lot for them being used twice a year. (Specific Event needs them)

Has anyone seen/made anything cheaper than the Chief or Da-Lite Models?
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Confidence Monitor carts?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »

I've seen home brew stands that hinged flat on stage with an 'artist you would know'. I think I snapped a pic but I'll have to search through my iMac when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:05:28 PM »

A couple of guitar stands with the top taken off works to hold TVs near the floor.  Best I have used was simply 2 pieces of plywood cut and hinged like a collectors plate holder.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »

A couple of guitar stands with the top taken off works to hold TVs near the floor.  Best I have used was simply 2 pieces of plywood cut and hinged like a collectors plate holder.

Yea, was hoping to avoid this as I tried the 55" on one and it was rather scary. I'm planning on putting them on carts of sorts but even bolting it down, I'd like to have a bit of angle adjustment.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »

We use guitar amp tippers from On Stage Stands. Test it first on the 55s. largest we have used is 50 inch.

Jerome Malsack

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/PRO-SIGNAL-555-14252-/50-14252

Jerome, Not looking for a regular cart. Looking for the low mount confidence monitor ones like the Chief PFQ series.

I've even tried to find a model I could just chop the center pipe down to get it out of the way but I'm not finding anything really cost effective vs my use. I'd love to have the Chief cause I know the quality is there. Use just doesn't justify it.

Its looking more and more like I'll have to make a custom solution.

Thanks though!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.