ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X32 S16 interruption with fully clipped signal  (Read 2214 times)

Taylor Wynn

Behringer X32 S16 interruption with fully clipped signal
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »

Intermittently, I receive completely clipped out static from my inputs with signal passing through them when using the S16 stage box.  It lasts for about 10 seconds.  It happened today from a DJ using serato, and a day last week with all mic'd inputs.

Anyone else have this issue?

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Behringer X32 S16 interruption with fully clipped signal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:13:05 PM »

Intermittently, I receive completely clipped out static from my inputs with signal passing through them when using the S16 stage box.  It lasts for about 10 seconds.  It happened today from a DJ using serato, and a day last week with all mic'd inputs.

Here's a very long thread on this topic.
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=143428.0

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:38:09 PM »

Get thee hither to the thread Cory links.

In a nutshell the S-16/X32 combo is susceptible to ESD.  It interrupts the clock sync between the units, which produces the big popping noise.

The cure is in using shielded CAT5e with the ground wire soldered to the RJ45, and using Neutrik Ethercons that connects the shell to the RJ45 shield.  It MUST have end-to-end DC continuity between the Ethercon shells.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:38:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.