ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative to MKE2  (Read 3218 times)

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Alternative to MKE2
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:11:45 PM »

I just got confirmation on a show on March 7. The rider states that they want "high quality" omnidirectional lavs, MKE2's are preferred.

I use Shure beltpacks, and I don't want to buy 2 MKE2's with TA4F's just for this show. I have a bunch Shure WL50's and Countryman B3's, neither of which I've ever been particularly impressed with, but they are what they are. Would either of those be a decent choice?  Are they at all comparable to the MKE2, or is there a better (cheaper) alternative that I should look at?
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Roland Clarke 1964

Re: Alternative to MKE2
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 05:38:21 PM »

I just got confirmation on a show on March 7. The rider states that they want "high quality" omnidirectional lavs, MKE2's are preferred.

I use Shure beltpacks, and I don't want to buy 2 MKE2's with TA4F's just for this show. I have a bunch Shure WL50's and Countryman B3's, neither of which I've ever been particularly impressed with, but they are what they are. Would either of those be a decent choice?  Are they at all comparable to the MKE2, or is there a better (cheaper) alternative that I should look at?

Countryman mic's, in my experience, are good quality, however, I know many others think that they are slightly noisey in comparison to DPA's and COS 11 (Sankens).  The MKE2's are a decent enough microphone, however, IMHO things like DPA's and Sanken COS11 are better.  I personally would be happy with B3's as an alternative.

Guy Morris

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:46:44 AM »

Hi Brian

Take a look at the DPA 4080 tie clip lav they are really good in a PA environment with the GBF its the fist Lav I have been happy to use with PA the rest seem to be great for Vid/TV application but not ideal for PA use where the headsets perform best. I was pleasantly suprised!  They require a microdot connector as a separate item to order but are made for Shure /sennheiser etc 4080 is around  $540 and used a lot by Sky News

Link:

http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/products.aspx?c=Item&category=128&item=24061

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:46:44 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.