ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2-track recording options  (Read 8724 times)

Mark McFarlane

Re: X32 2-track recording options
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 04:25:27 AM »

Thanks Corey, Solo is a reasonable workaround for this gig.  That was a 'duh' moment for me when I read your post.

Thanks Mike for the tips, I'll look into X32-Q.  That more simplistic interface may be exactly what I want.

For this gig I have 4 volunteer assistants, one for FOH, one for recording, a stage manager, and a tech on stage.  5 minute switchovers between bands, shared backline,..  Me, I'm gonna wander around and have some fun this year, and play in a jazz quartet and a bluegrass/country band.  It's not a normal festival, this is a private event I've organized and sponsored for the past 7 years for my customers.  The audience will be 70% musicians, and some event organizers and friends,...  It's become something the community really looks forward too each year.

Mark McFarlane

Mike Karseboom

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:58:25 AM »

Sounds like a very fun event.  Until you mentioned that it was something you sponsored and the nature of the attendees, I was shocked you would trust "volunteers" for FOH, stage tech, etc.  I have a hard time finding volunteers that can coil a cable without close supervision.

If you end up using a laptop for recording and it is side stage, it may be preferable to connect it to the system via cat5 rather than wireless.  simple to do and potentially more reliable.
--Mike
"If you're not confused, you don't know what is going on"

Live Sound for the Mt. Shasta area
http://www.shastalivesound.com

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:13 AM »

Sounds like a very fun event.  Until you mentioned that it was something you sponsored and the nature of the attendees, I was shocked you would trust "volunteers" for FOH, stage tech, etc.  I have a hard time finding volunteers that can coil a cable without close supervision.

If you end up using a laptop for recording and it is side stage, it may be preferable to connect it to the system via cat5 rather than wireless.  simple to do and potentially more reliable.

The volunteers are guys I have been mentoring for a few years, the guy running FOH I've been working with for about 5 years. Its pretty much my normal crew except the stage managers.  Crews swap out halfway through the show.  The event starts at 5:30, by 8PM most everyone will be in moonshine bliss. :). I turn out the lights around 1AM and won't be surprised to find a few people still there the next morning.  It's a very low stress party/event.  If I record, it will be a surprise/present.

I teach a live sound class about twice a year and we have cable coiling practice sessions that includes cross sections of various cable designs to show how the braiding gets messed up!  Still, some people just can't get it, particularly over-under.  I had a 150' Ethercon cable messed up a few months ago by a dear and helpful friend who still STUFFS his own cables in a bag.  I'm waiting for the temperature to get back into the 120's (early June) and see if I can't get it to relax a bit more.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:13 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.