ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting show with Trackspots download help  (Read 3452 times)

Roman Sorin

Lighting show with Trackspots download help
« on: February 20, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »

Hello all! Just joined and this is my first of what i hope to be many posts!

Long story short: I got a great deal on an NSI mlc 16 controller board and 2 trackspots to use in my gigs. Sadly I know very little about DMX programming and making shows. I got the fixtures setup, and assigned so that i can control them individually but i was wondering if anyone had any idea where to download ready made shows that i can upload on the MLC since i have an event tomorrow and don't think i will have enough time to figure all of this out and be able to program a good show.

This is going to be mainly used for DJ light shows to dance music so any advice you have would be awesome! Thanks!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Lighting show with Trackspots download help
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »

Hello all! Just joined and this is my first of what i hope to be many posts!

Long story short: I got a great deal on an NSI mlc 16 controller board and 2 trackspots to use in my gigs. Sadly I know very little about DMX programming and making shows. I got the fixtures setup, and assigned so that i can control them individually but i was wondering if anyone had any idea where to download ready made shows that i can upload on the MLC since i have an event tomorrow and don't think i will have enough time to figure all of this out and be able to program a good show.

This is going to be mainly used for DJ light shows to dance music so any advice you have would be awesome! Thanks!

You need to change your display name to your real first & last names per the rules displayed when you signed up.

A moderator will lock this till you do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Roman Sorin

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 06:25:51 PM »

You need to change your display name to your real first & last names per the rules displayed when you signed up.

A moderator will lock this till you do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oops didnt see that ... all done :)

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »

The short of it is I highly doubt it, the mlc 16, I remember using it the first time in 97 or so I think....   Anyway, I doubt anyone has mlc 16 shows kicking around.  It is still a great board for a few simple movers and busking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duane massey

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 12:44:00 AM »

You're pretty much out of luck. them just program a few2- or 4-step programs and use them to start with. Trackspots have no auto programs that can be accessed via dmx.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Kyle Malenfant

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 05:41:21 PM »

I still own a few tracks pots and while they almost never go out anymore, when they did we would put them on sound active master slave and let it go to the Dj music. Worked very well. I believe I tried to dmx them at one point but it was too much hassle.   You could also look into the Lightwave track spot controller. Makes selected patterns and colors very simple.

duane massey

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 12:58:16 AM »

You've got the fixtures and the controller. Take the time and learn simple programming. It's not exactly rocket surgery, and you don't need anything extravagant, just some simple patterns.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 12:58:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.