ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Montpiellier FR Venue Video almost KO's RF for tour.  (Read 13860 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Montpiellier FR Venue Video almost KO's RF for tour.
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:46:49 AM »

I was pleasantly surprised when arriving at the Montpellier France Park Suite Arena and the outside venue RF scan showed very week TV in the UHF band.  Upon entering the venue and doing an interior scan I was horrified to find thet across the entire band and beyond, noise about 5 MHz wide occurring every 20 MHz.  I immediately defined the center located video screens as the hotspot with the noise completely disappearing as soon as I stepped into the lobby.

I asked to have the video powered down and sure enough, most of it went away but the venue insisted that the screens would be used for the show and must remain on.  I said I would try and the promoter said that the venue would be forced off if there were any issues.

The tour show didn't need it, we had projection Imag.

An extra few minutes was needed then to carefully place all my 85 freqs between each noise barrier.  Show went off without a hitch.  I artificially designated DTV channels where each noise band appeared and manually adjusted other freqs.  Here is what the scan in IMD looks like.

P.S.,  I never saw them show any video!  I hate video screens, and NO, I don't know who made theirs.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:04:51 AM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Jordan Wolf

Re: Montpiellier FR Venue Video almost KO's RF for tour.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 09:54:11 AM »

Eesh...that looks like a, uh..."fun" problem.

Glad you weren't just thrown into it - but at the level of show you're doing, that would be unacceptable.

Great job and thanks for the insight.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 11:28:50 AM »

Nice that promoter understood.

Vidiots often refuse to understand that their devices radiate more than visible spectrum and cause issues with other trades.

Ivan Feder

• Paris, France
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised when arriving at the Montpellier France Park Suite Arena and the outside venue RF scan showed very week TV in the UHF band.  Upon entering the venue and doing an interior scan I was horrified to find thet across the entire band and beyond, noise about 5 MHz wide occurring every 20 MHz.  I immediately defined the center located video screens as the hotspot with the noise completely disappearing as soon as I stepped into the lobby.

I asked to have the video powered down and sure enough, most of it went away but the venue insisted that the screens would be used for the show and must remain on.  I said I would try and the promoter said that the venue would be forced off if there were any issues.

The tour show didn't need it, we had projection Imag.

An extra few minutes was needed then to carefully place all my 85 freqs between each noise barrier.  Show went off without a hitch.  I artificially designated DTV channels where each noise band appeared and manually adjusted other freqs.  Here is what the scan in IMD looks like.

P.S.,  I never saw them show any video!  I hate video screens, and NO, I don't know who made theirs.
Well done Peter!

Bill Flugan

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 11:12:17 PM »

Here's a simple work around for IAS I had to use for a similar situation.  I had a video wall creating 3 MHz wide peaks of noise at every 50 MHz.  There was not much I could do about it since it was the touring wall. 

In this France situation, you could make a user defined model and set the bandwidth to 5 MHz (or however wide the interference is).  Add a separate calculation zone for these instances of interference.  Then, put this new user defined model at the center point frequency of every interference. 

Brad Harris

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:07:24 PM »

Here's a simple work around for IAS I had to use for a similar situation.  I had a video wall creating 3 MHz wide peaks of noise at every 50 MHz.  There was not much I could do about it since it was the touring wall. 

In this France situation, you could make a user defined model and set the bandwidth to 5 MHz (or however wide the interference is).  Add a separate calculation zone for these instances of interference.  Then, put this new user defined model at the center point frequency of every interference.

Nice tip. I sometimes come across some 2MHz gak (looks like a narrow DTV) in some northern AB venues

BRad

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:07:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.