ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: qsc pld4.5  (Read 12476 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: qsc pld4.5
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 02:48:52 PM »

Those are called rack mount power distribution units  or PDU. They usually are breakered but without any of the filtering.

Well, I guess my attempts at humor went unnoticed again.... /sarcasm

Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 03:31:23 PM »

How is the PLD4.5 holding up?
Been a while since you posted the thread, figured I'd ask now that you probably have some mileage on the amp.
Thanks!

I just got the qsc pld4.5 this week, and have had only one gig with it . but my experience with it has been a good one so far. the first 2 ch i used to run a pair of sound bridge s3. the amp put out a nice clean crisp sound for the highs. the other 2 ch i used on a pair of jbl sr4719x. usually i run the subs with a Mackie 2500 amp bridge @ 4 ohm to each sub, and they hit hard. so i was a little disappointed when i was at the gig. the qsc pld4.5 did not hit as hard as the Mackie's amps would have. but that being said the subs still but out more bass than those kids where used to. i'm still in the experimental phase with this amp and will try different configurations with this amp at home and at other gigs, and i will get back to y'all. fill free to ask me any questions.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 09:55:47 AM »

How is the PLD4.5 holding up?
Been a while since you posted the thread, figured I'd ask now that you probably have some mileage on the amp.
Thanks!

Yes, I am considering one of them and would be interested in your experience.

brian casterlin

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 02:31:19 AM »

Yes, I am considering one of them and would be interested in your experience.

I have a 4.2 I bought just to see how I like the series Nice very flexible settings.  I only  use this 4.2 for acoustic gigs since its relatively low power and won't run any of my SRX cabs unless I run it single or 2 channel

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 02:31:19 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.