ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: qsc pld4.5  (Read 12537 times)

shelby hoyl

qsc pld4.5
« on: February 16, 2015, 05:44:48 AM »

I just got the qsc pld4.5 this week, and have had only one gig with it . but my experience with it has been a good one so far. the first 2 ch i used to run a pair of sound bridge s3. the amp put out a nice clean crisp sound for the highs. the other 2 ch i used on a pair of jbl sr4719x. usually i run the subs with a Mackie 2500 amp bridge @ 4 ohm to each sub, and they hit hard. so i was a little disappointed when i was at the gig. the qsc pld4.5 did not hit as hard as the Mackie's amps would have. but that being said the subs still but out more bass than those kids where used to. i'm still in the experimental phase with this amp and will try different configurations with this amp at home and at other gigs, and i will get back to y'all. fill free to ask me any questions.

Ben Heavenrich

Re: qsc pld4.5
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »

I just got the qsc pld4.5 this week, and have had only one gig with it . but my experience with it has been a good one so far. the first 2 ch i used to run a pair of sound bridge s3. the amp put out a nice clean crisp sound for the highs. the other 2 ch i used on a pair of jbl sr4719x. usually i run the subs with a Mackie 2500 amp bridge @ 4 ohm to each sub, and they hit hard. so i was a little disappointed when i was at the gig. the qsc pld4.5 did not hit as hard as the Mackie's amps would have. but that being said the subs still but out more bass than those kids where used to. i'm still in the experimental phase with this amp and will try different configurations with this amp at home and at other gigs, and i will get back to y'all. fill free to ask me any questions.

I don't think that amp would be efficient for powering subwoofers, as you would have to bridge at least two channels to get real power out of it. Which takes away from the point of a 4 channel amplifier. I think you're better off using that amp to power 2 tops  biamped, or two tops and monitors, etc. For the subs I'd look into the QSC PL380, that is really the only amp QSC makes that will do those subs justice. More power the better for subs!

shelby hoyl

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:59:52 PM »

I don't think that amp would be efficient for powering subwoofers, as you would have to bridge at least two channels to get real power out of it. Which takes away from the point of a 4 channel amplifier. I think you're better off using that amp to power 2 tops  biamped, or two tops and monitors, etc. For the subs I'd look into the QSC PL380, that is really the only amp QSC makes that will do those subs justice. More power the better for subs!

The reason i bought it was for the versatility of the amp. The point of this amp is to have whatever i need on whatever gig i have. i did look into the qsc pl380, the price of that amp is higher there is no d.s.p and it looks to me like the power output is about the same as the 4.5
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:51:48 PM by shelby hoyl »

shelby hoyl

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »

this is my 3rd gig with this amp. so far so good.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »

Please don't tell me you've got your power amp plugged into a "power conditioner"...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

shelby hoyl

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:44:05 PM »

Please don't tell me you've got your power amp plugged into a "power conditioner"...

yes, why do you ask?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »

yes, why do you ask?

1.  You don't need it and

2.   It can cause problems.

For example, if your power strip is rated for 15 amps and your amp can draw 20 for full output, you'll either starve the amp or trip the breaker/blow a fuse.

Standard practice is to avoid such units for your amps.  They are of questionable benefit in any case.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 01:43:33 AM »

1.  You don't need it and

2.   It can cause problems.

For example, if your power strip is rated for 15 amps and your amp can draw 20 for full output, you'll either starve the amp or trip the breaker/blow a fuse.

Standard practice is to avoid such units for your amps.  They are of questionable benefit in any case.

There's two things that power conditioners are good for: Convenient  outlets, and pull-out lights.

I wish they would just do those two things and spare me the expense of "conditioning" my power....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

George Dougherty

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »

There's two things that power conditioners are good for: Convenient  outlets, and pull-out lights.

I wish they would just do those two things and spare me the expense of "conditioning" my power....

Those are called rack mount power distribution units  or PDU. They usually are breakered but without any of the filtering.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »

Those are called rack mount power distribution units  or PDU. They usually are breakered but without any of the filtering.

Thank you. These devices are not "power conditioners".
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.