ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danelectro Leader Ground  (Read 17377 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: Danelectro Leader Ground
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 09:06:22 AM »

Welders often use magnetic grounding electrodes.  Should be able to find an Alnico magnet with a drilled and tapped hole.

Hmmmm..... At first blush that seems like a great idea, but I've got a lot of gear with an aluminum (aluminium?) chassis that a magnet won't stick to. I'll investigate. Or maybe a little 1/4" diameter bar magnet that would stick itself into the metal jack would work for those situations. 

Kevin Graf

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 10:11:23 AM »

Any ideas for a temporary grounding connection that can be made to a backline amp that won't scratch up the chassis or require tools to loosen any screws? I've thought about hacking a standard 1/4" phone plug to remove the tip, then connect the sleeve to the EGC ground wire. Could then be plugged into a spare output or input jack on the amp. Because the tip of the plug would be gone, it wouldn't switch anything on the phone jack.
Not all 1/4inch phone jacks have their sleeve correctly mounted to the chassis. Some are connected to the audio circuit common.
Speedskater

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »

Not all 1/4inch phone jacks have their sleeve correctly mounted to the chassis. Some are connected to the audio circuit common.

Yeah, you're right. Is there a way to do this that works 100% of the time without thinking? I know the "claw" will work, but don't want to damage the finish on the chassis. It would ideal if the amp chassis itself had a banana or terminal ground on the back.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »

Yeah, you're right. Is there a way to do this that works 100% of the time without thinking? I know the "claw" will work, but don't want to damage the finish on the chassis. It would ideal if the amp chassis itself had a banana or terminal ground on the back.

Chassis screw >> Ring Connector >> Female Banana ???

Now I have Harry Belafonte stuck in head Day O - Banana connector is ready and it's time to go home..... ::)

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »

Single banana jack.  A banana plug will plug into the ground socket of an Edison (at least the bananas that I use - Mouser  174-5791 (black) and 174-5795 (red)).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.