ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bassman 70 Ground  (Read 4665 times)

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Re: Bassman 70 Ground
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 10:54:39 PM »

In the USA there's nothing to stop you from plugging a 15 amp space heater into an extension lamp cord rated for 8 amps. That's probably why we have so many space heater fires in the USA when the temp goes down. 

Yes, the UK plug is vastly safer than the USA/Edison version, but don't expect any changes to the NEC overnight. I'm still replacing 1923 wiring in my house.

Also we can plug a electric blanket with tiny wires that get kicked and pushed around all night into a outlet that is protected with a 20 amp breaker.  Years ago I called my insurance company and told them "I know this sounds unbelievable but my electric blanket caught fire."  They replied no problem, quite believable. We get a tremendous amount of clams for fires started by electric blankets and electric coffee makers.

Not to Code

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 11:17:37 PM »

Also we can plug a electric blanket with tiny wires that get kicked and pushed around all night into a outlet that is protected with a 20 amp breaker.  Years ago I called my insurance company and told them "I know this sounds unbelievable but my electric blanket caught fire."  They replied no problem, quite believable. We get a tremendous amount of clams for fires started by electric blankets and electric coffee makers.

That's why I got rid of my electric blanket, and won't buy another. Mine never caught fire, but I've heard too many horror stories, and the risk seems too great to me. Better to insulate your bedroom and use a regular heater.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 11:17:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.