ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Vi1 Recording/Virtual Sound Check Options  (Read 9363 times)

Jeff Stielau

• Shoreline Electronics & Sound
Soundcraft Vi1 Recording/Virtual Sound Check Options
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:48:01 PM »

Any Vi series users out there have any experience with direct digital recording on thier console to Logic or Pro Tools or any digital format and playing back the discrete channels for future virtual sound checks.

Our desk has a dual Cat5 based MADI card installed which we use the main output to connect to the 48x24 stagebox....the Aux feed is still open.

I know the Si series has a MADI/USB card for this purpose...but it's apparently not compatible with the Vi series.

It also has the SPDF In/Out and the AES In/Outs' also.....I have no experience with these and not sure if they can accommodate this task.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers ,

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics & Sound
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
http://shoreelxandsound.com/
www.facebook.com/SESAUDIO
[email protected]
========================

Michael Grimaila

Re: Soundcraft Vi1 Recording/Virtual Sound Check Options
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »

Any Vi series users out there have any experience with direct digital recording on thier console to Logic or Pro Tools or any digital format and playing back the discrete channels for future virtual sound checks.

Our desk has a dual Cat5 based MADI card installed which we use the main output to connect to the 48x24 stagebox....the Aux feed is still open.

I know the Si series has a MADI/USB card for this purpose...but it's apparently not compatible with the Vi series.

It also has the SPDF In/Out and the AES In/Outs' also.....I have no experience with these and not sure if they can accommodate this task.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers ,

I am not a Vi user, but I am an Si user.

I met someone on Facebook who created a cat5 to bnc connector and was able to record to a pc madi interface.  Message me for details.  However, he said the annoying thing about this was that it was only a good solution for recording and not virtual sound check on the Si console. If you have a Compact stage box or a Vi stage box, you should be able to add a Dante HD card and record and virtual sound check as long as you use 32 channels or less.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:41:26 PM by Michael Grimaila »
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 03:12:13 AM »

I was offered a very simple solution sometime back here. Get a splitter switcher. Will split MADI to console and DAW, and has return MADI port selectors, so nothing changes on the console, a flick of a switch on the box takes care of it.

I have not personally used it.

http://www.directout.eu/de/produkte/split.converter.html
My RTA is always flat.

Benjamin Bielefeld

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »

Soundcraft makes a Dante card for Vi's. The down side is that on the Vi1 you only have one option card slot. But if you don't need to be running MADI you could use Dante to send and receive up to 64 channels directly to your console from a computer over Cat5. I do this all the time on our Vi6. The main difference being that I can have MADI and Dante cards installed at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.