ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rider friendly console  (Read 14276 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Rider friendly console
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 07:07:27 AM »

I'd rather patch a Pro2 than an X32.  Though I think I prefer the Yamaha matrix patch sheet.
Agreed!
I find both the X32 and Midas Pro 2 to be a bit clunky for patching.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Justin Bartlett

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »

You need more experience with it then... I would much rather spend the day on a monitors on a Pro2 than an M7 or SC48.  Most people who really hate the Pro2 either had one that was not properly setup or fought it and tried to use it like a Venue console.  Of course if that engineer hates it uses a ton of plugins then he is right... it does really suck for that.  In the last year we have had a ton of people come in and step up to the console dreading it... they usually leave happy.  After you grab the gain and dial it up most people start coming around.  On the flipside setting one up fresh is probably one of the more frustrating experience I have ever had.  Every time I open that patch screen I die a little inside... it has one of the least intuitive patch GUI's ever.  When the console comes out of the box nothing is patched and there are no default scenes.

I hated the Pro2 the first 3-4 times I used it.  Overall possibly the least-intuitive console on the market right now.  Until you learn it.

I finally went to Midas's training class in Vegas and then spent all last fall on tours with the Pro2C, and now I like them a lot.  I still think they made some odd design choices, and there are a few glitches remaining in the firmware (but a lot less then there used to be), but overall I'm perfectly happy on them now.  Just gotta get past the learning curve.

And yes, the patch screen is the hardest to learn - but I'm even comfortable with that now.

Justin Bartlett

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:45 PM »

I'd rather patch a Pro2 than an X32.  Though I think I prefer the Yamaha matrix patch sheet.

+1 to all of this.

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »

I'd rather patch a Pro2 than an X32.

Seriously to all of this.. Why would would you even compare the two in the same sentence ?

Just the fact that the X32 is compared to a Pro series console (more often that what I would have imagined), goes to say a lot about it.

I dont think the X32 patch is a first thought, the option is there, in a restricted bank of 8 at a deeper level.

Not that I agree with you either which ways, I would rather have a hand that doesn't ache after the patch... :) just saying...
My RTA is always flat.

Chris van Kuijeren

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 05:34:23 AM »

SC48
Concerned about Avid and the support of this console. Also an aging console. I am thinking it will have 3-5 more years on the b list riders (which is more than my m7 guess). More at the top of my budget but I like the features and I personally love the console.

Thei D-show system is out of sale, but they still give support until the end of 2019 according their own website
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/End-of-support-dates

An M7CL can be a workhorse but not the best sounding console. If you had to choose i go for a Venue, without a doubt.

The Venue sc48 is in my opinion on of the best consoles out there. Where a Midas console might sound better (talking about their pre-amps) i don't think their compressors sound that good neither do their FX, compared to a Venue.

Besides that, the Venue software is very powerful, they way that they handle snapshots, the integration with plugins, fast patching, plus their Event section makes their software very good. in my humble opnion.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 05:34:23 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 26 queries.