ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Nuke NU4-6000 not per website  (Read 22597 times)

Mark Wilkinson

Re: I-Nuke NU4-6000 not per website
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »

I'm curious to see what the configuration on mine is.   I only use it to power up four floor monitors, and haven't ever compared the input switching to what the web images have.    I'll check it out this afternoon at home and post up what I find.   (not that it's THAT helpful for you...)

Hi Greg, yes thx...I'd be curious...

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »

FWIW the generic crossovers built into value amps are rarely above average, but it does suck that they changed the feature after publishing it.

A 3-pos switch is more expensive than 2 position so somebody managing that product may have been caught in a cost squeeze and decided  to protect the profit margin by taking a cheaper approach on that feature, instead of raising the price or missing the profit target. Sometimes it is difficult to support even modest cost increase. On paper it looks like the same feature set to casual customers, while in use it clearly isn't. 

It could be even cheaper without the crossover, but that is perceived as a valuable feature at POS well in excess of it's BOM cost.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »

Then crossover has no effect, both channels (A&B) are full range.
The only time crossover has an effect is in Mono.....afraid to see what happens in bridge with xover on haha..

On the web layout, I was hoping crossover came first, applying to both linked channels.  And that you could then mono, stereo, or bridge the channels as desired.
Don't even get to find out because of the switcharoo  :(

Not having a proper manual is a bit of a sin on Behringer's part.  The way I look at it this is just two amps in the one box.  EPQ/EPX manuals seem to say Stereo+Crossed is the right setting.  I (cough) have four EPQ amps and this is how they work (but not how I use them.)

The general NU6000 manual says Mono+Crossed is the correct setting, but then says:

Run a 4-pole speaker cable with professional twist-locking connectors from OUTPUTS CH A to the subwoofer.
(The subwoofer receives its low-frequency signal from Channel B using poles 2+ and 2-, while the middle and upper frequency ranges use Channel A via poles 1+ and 1-.).

Jens Droessler

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 12:34:25 PM »

It's not necessarily the switch only, but the added circuitry to give the additonal options as well. But yes, that's probably what happened.

And yes, most of those crossovers aren't very useful. Many combinations of speakers won't perform that well with a fixed crossover. You can't change the frequencies, you can't leave a gap if needed, you can't address phase response issues... but not even being able to change the bass level independently from the top level? If that's the truth, the crossover is indeed completely useless.

Run a 4-pole speaker cable with professional twist-locking connectors from OUTPUTS CH A to the subwoofer.
(The subwoofer receives its low-frequency signal from Channel B using poles 2+ and 2-, while the middle and upper frequency ranges use Channel A via poles 1+ and 1-.).

This doesn't contradict what was said here. The correct setting for this could still be mono.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »

Absolutely the correct setting on the NU6000 is mono.  The NU4-6000 is highly likely to be just two of the NUx000 circuit designs  in the one box.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »

It's unfortunate that this amp doest come in the DSP version.
I have used other iNuke DSP amps and the setup was easy and more flexible.
The price list shows a $50 difference to go from a regular amp to a DSP version...still very cost effective.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 01:58:26 PM »

Quite well, frankly.   It's been rack mounted it's whole life (about a year now) and is used for my band and for me running sound for others.  Plenty of volume for rock stages, and durable enough to live in a mobile-only system.  The faceplate is a bit cheesy looking and plasticy, but there's nothing in the build of the actual chassis that makes me worry about loading the rack in and out of places.   Sure, it's my own equipment so there's an extra ounce of prevention, but I wouldn't expect rampant damage if rented out.   The fact that it weighs 11 pounds makes moving a rack so much easier that there's probably less chance of someone botching something; less force upon impact, too...

That's great to hear.  The construction inside the iNuke is minimalistic so I was concerned.  Compared to a Crown XTI, a light weight amplifier it's pretty baron inside those Nuke's

It should pair nice with an x32 rack.  If it does or doesn't I will share results as always....Thanks
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »

Not having a proper manual is a bit of a sin on Behringer's part.  The way I look at it this is just two amps in the one box.  EPQ/EPX manuals seem to say Stereo+Crossed is the right setting.  I (cough) have four EPQ amps and this is how they work (but not how I use them.)

The general NU6000 manual says Mono+Crossed is the correct setting, but then says:

Yes, the manual I received says, in Mono mode with crossover engaged, to use Channel B's 2+ and 2- poles for LF.
BUT, I have yet to find a signal there.....it's on B's 1+ and 1-
Hey, at least it's LF  :)

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:14 PM »

It's not necessarily the switch only, but the added circuitry to give the additonal options as well. But yes, that's probably what happened.

And yes, most of those crossovers aren't very useful. Many combinations of speakers won't perform that well with a fixed crossover. You can't change the frequencies, you can't leave a gap if needed, you can't address phase response issues... but not even being able to change the bass level independently from the top level? If that's the truth, the crossover is indeed completely useless.

Hi John, Jens,

Yes, I knew the imbedded x-over would be pretty worthless.  The specs for the old carpet covered yamis recommend 90hz, which was close enough to the NU4's 100hz for me.....in this application for sure  ;D

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »

That's great to hear.  The construction inside the iNuke is minimalistic so I was concerned.  Compared to a Crown XTI, a light weight amplifier it's pretty Baron inside those Nuke's

It should pair nice with an x32 rack.  If it does or doesn't I will share results as always....Thanks

That would make it a Beechcraft, not a Behringer...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.