ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Nuke NU4-6000 not per website  (Read 22602 times)

Mark Wilkinson

I-Nuke NU4-6000 not per website
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »

Probably nobody cares much about this amp, but I saw Art's post on its decent power output in another thread, and thought I'd give it a try....

I have a pair of old yam sv-115IV tops and a pair of 118IV subs, that my son and his roommates  in VTech were begging to drag into their apt.
3-4 of them play instruments, but still....Last thing I want to do is put any $ into this :)

So I thought this amp with four channels and built in 100hz crossover might make a real easy cheap setup. One amp, disposable mixer, no x-over.....let the beer fly

On the Behringer site, the quickstart guide (that is, the manual? ugh) shows a 3 position crossover slider ..... LF-Full Range-HF, per pair of linked channels. (A&B, C&D)
My idea was to use one pair of linked channels for LF, and one pair for HF. That would even allow level control to balance the mains to subs with nothing else needed.

The quickstart quide shows what it calls horizontal biamping, and other than some funky speakon connections, that looked like it would work for what i had in mind.
I was hoping to maybe even bridge the linked pair to the subs.

But the actual unit delivered is different.  Each pair of channels has a crossover slider with only 2 positions.....  Full-Range - Split.  Which means A is high, B is Low, etc for C&D).
This works somewhat, but since gain on both A & B is controlled by the A pot only, there is no relative level adjustment between mains and subs.
And it's not clear how, or if it's even possible to use both bridge and crossover....

Bottom line, the unit is much less flexible in routing than as shown on the web...
Again, sorry if zero interest, but just in case....

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: I-Nuke NU4-6000 not per website
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 05:30:06 PM »

Which model did you get?
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »

Well you can't use bridge if it's going to be run in split mode. However a picture is worth a thousand words. Show us what you have. The picture on the Behringer website shows what you describe in your earlier paragraph. The later paragraph would seem to make sense why things are messy, but show us.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:55:27 PM »

Well you can't use bridge if it's going to be run in split mode. However a picture is worth a thousand words. Show us what you have. The picture on the Behringer website shows what you describe in your earlier paragraph. The later paragraph would seem to make sense why things are messy, but show us.

Model NU4-6000.
Here's the back input panel as delivered and then as per web.....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:00:20 PM by Mark Wilkinson »

Jens Droessler

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 08:53:08 PM »

What happens if you set the crossover switch to crossover as in your picture, but set the input switch to stereo?

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 09:40:22 PM »

What happens if you set the crossover switch to crossover as in your picture, but set the input switch to stereo?

Then crossover has no effect, both channels (A&B) are full range.
The only time crossover has an effect is in Mono.....afraid to see what happens in bridge with xover on haha..

On the web layout, I was hoping crossover came first, applying to both linked channels.  And that you could then mono, stereo, or bridge the channels as desired.
Don't even get to find out because of the switcharoo  :(

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:02:32 PM »

Then crossover has no effect, both channels (A&B) are full range.
The only time crossover has an effect is in Mono.....afraid to see what happens in bridge with xover on haha..

On the web layout, I was hoping crossover came first, applying to both linked channels.  And that you could then mono, stereo, or bridge the channels as desired.
Don't even get to find out because of the switcharoo  :(

Well that blows!

Buy him 2 more subs to balance out the system!  :P
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 03:17:27 AM »

+1

Greg Martin

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 09:22:46 AM »

I'm curious to see what the configuration on mine is.   I only use it to power up four floor monitors, and haven't ever compared the input switching to what the web images have.    I'll check it out this afternoon at home and post up what I find.   (not that it's THAT helpful for you...)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 10:30:01 AM »

Model NU4-6000.
Here's the back input panel as delivered and then as per web.....

If it were me I'd send it back. That is a major change in the application of the amplifier, and a poor design choice. Hard to believe they would do that without at least documenting it.

FWIW, QSC has the same funky crossover scheme on their GX amplifiers, which is one reason I've never been enthusiastic about them.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 10:30:01 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 26 queries.