ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Nuke NU4-6000 not per website  (Read 15260 times)

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
Re: I-Nuke NU4-6000 not per website
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2015, 04:19:32 am »

It only solves problems you cause yourself by what I consider improper use. You compromise where no compromise is needed. And why? Not because it is good, but because you are used to it. I'll try to explain later.
I agree with Scott.  It is about control.  Also keep in mind that there are many kinds of gigs.  These days I don't do any bar band audio.  I am mostly corporate.  I may have 1 podium or Lav, a dozen lavs, or a rock band the CEO wants to party with after the general session.  A typical system for me has some combination of main LR, front fills, subs, over heads, and delays.  I control them with a combination of Aux and Matrix, depending on the needs of the gig and the equipment provided/available.

Given all that, what physics involved dictate that I need to have any part of the signal from the lav's routed to the subs to be technically correct?  90% of the time the subs are just to make the marketing video have a little thump.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2015, 04:38:00 am »

I agree with Scott.  It is about control.  Also keep in mind that there are many kinds of gigs.  These days I don't do any bar band audio.  I am mostly corporate.  I may have 1 podium or Lav, a dozen lavs, or a rock band the CEO wants to party with after the general session.  A typical system for me has some combination of main LR, front fills, subs, over heads, and delays.  I control them with a combination of Aux and Matrix, depending on the needs of the gig and the equipment provided/available.

Given all that, what physics involved dictate that I need to have any part of the signal from the lav's routed to the subs to be technically correct?  90% of the time the subs are just to make the marketing video have a little thump.

A few posts ago I mentioned that "we are contributing to a global brain trust" then I looked at the title of this thread.  To say many technical people go off on tangents is an understatement.  Pity the person who searches for information on the NU4-6000, reads a few posts about the internal filter configuration changing, the obligatory Behringer bashing and then a 5 page debate over aux fed subs.  Even my dog comes back when I call him from chasing a critter in the back yard!
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2015, 09:28:49 am »

A few posts ago I mentioned that "we are contributing to a global brain trust" then I looked at the title of this thread.  To say many technical people go off on tangents is an understatement.  Pity the person who searches for information on the NU4-6000, reads a few posts about the internal filter configuration changing, the obligatory Behringer bashing and then a 5 page debate over aux fed subs.  Even my dog comes back when I call him from chasing a critter in the back yard!
This could lead to the dreaded "Thread Lock"!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2015, 11:31:48 am »

Life is too short and boring to stay on topic or only answer questions once.

JR
Don't tune your drums half-ass. Listen to what a properly "cleared" drum sounds like.   http://circularscience.com/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2015, 11:31:48 am »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.