ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First gig with Mackie DL32r  (Read 4296 times)

Jim Turner

• Calgary, Alberta... Canada eh!
First gig with Mackie DL32r
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:54:21 AM »

It is what it is.... But no B-logo though!
So whats up with the linked channels? All that links are the faders! Does anybody know how to make real stereo channels? 
Why will it only playback files @ 24/48!?!  Thats not weird or anything.
The Gig was a grade school play so the comps got a good workout... LOL
Just like the preamps the comps aren't exactly inaudable or pleasantly "colourful" but at moderate settings they are passable.
I had no need for FX this show but this coming Saturday I'll be mixing a band on it so I'll have an opinion about them then.
Over all I liked it and think with the next couple firmware updates they'll have a great competitive product.
Cheers!
smile & wave...

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: First gig with Mackie DL32r
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 06:05:12 AM »

It is what it is.... But no B-logo though!
So whats up with the linked channels? All that links are the faders! Does anybody know how to make real stereo channels?

Linking input channels, correct not auxes?

If channels; did you try panning them before you link them? Just a thought. (I'm assuming by "real stereo channels" you mean one channel comes out left speaker only; one comes out right only.) 

I'll hook the dl1608 tonight and see how that mixer works. 32R should work the same. I link music (ipod, mp3, cd players)playback channels all the time but I never took notice if they actually went "stereo" or not. For my situation mono is fine.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »

Jim - if it's anything like my DL1608, the benefit is to be able to use the iPad app away from the mixer to play with settings and see about linking or unlinking channels, setting up groups, etc.

Jim Turner

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 02:28:51 PM »

Linking input channels, correct not auxes?

If channels; did you try panning them before you link them? Just a thought. (I'm assuming by "real stereo channels" you mean one channel comes out left speaker only; one comes out right only.) 

I'll hook the dl1608 tonight and see how that mixer works. 32R should work the same. I link music (ipod, mp3, cd players)playback channels all the time but I never took notice if they actually went "stereo" or not. For my situation mono is fine.

Yes, input channels.

I panned them before linking then during the show I tried to adjust the gain... only the top channel of the linked pair, i.e. key board left, was actually affected. I had to unlink and gain both channels independently.
Once unlinked both channels were panned centre... not as I had set them prior to linking.

This has me wondering if the eq, dynamics, auxes/fx and routing will function on both linked channels or will all the parameters need to be set per channel before linking. It seems as if only the faders are linked.

I'll be mixing a band on it this weekend so I'll have a bit more time to mess about and see what is really happening.

Cheers!
smile & wave...

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »

Yes, input channels.

I panned them before linking then during the show I tried to adjust the gain... only the top channel of the linked pair, i.e. key board left, was actually affected. I had to unlink and gain both channels independently.
Once unlinked both channels were panned centre... not as I had set them prior to linking.

This has me wondering if the eq, dynamics, auxes/fx and routing will function on both linked channels or will all the parameters need to be set per channel before linking. It seems as if only the faders are linked.

I'll be mixing a band on it this weekend so I'll have a bit more time to mess about and see what is really happening.

Cheers!

According to the master fader app that I'm looking at the only thing that isn't linked is the input gain. But once you link the channels there's  two buttons at the top to switch between left and right for the input adjustment. The one highlighted green is the one you're adjusting.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Jim Turner

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »

once you link the channels there's  two buttons at the top to switch between left and right for the input adjustment. The one highlighted green is the one you're adjusting.

Ahhh... there it is.
Thats probably in the manual too.  LOL
Thanks!

smile & wave...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.