ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: High School Football Stadium Audio System  (Read 18996 times)

Connor Long

High School Football Stadium Audio System
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:11 am »

I've been commissioned to purchase the speakers that will be mounted on our new press box at our high school football stadium, I haven't been been given a budget but I'm trying to stay around $5000 but there is a possibility it could sway upward of $10,000. The stadium is the classic high school stadium, bleachers on both home & visitor side, and averaging around 2000 fans sometime on big games we might get around 3000 but that's rare occasion. Been doing some research, I have looked into the JBL AWC's, Technomad, Community, QSC Acoustic Design (New Models), Atlas Stadium Horns, Danley & of course the Community brand speakers.  On our old press box we had 3 Community R.5 which weren't awful, they just weren't placed properly with all 3 being pointed across the field and now angled left or right. I would like to have a sub as a focal point just so the fans can feel the music instead of just hearing it (I really like the Technomad Oslo).

I've been pricing out 3 Technomad Noho's & pairing them with the Oslo, Opinions?

If you could just your thoughts on which speakers y'all prefer, what you have had luck with, which to stay away from, how many i should use & anything yall think might be helpful.

Thanks!

Mark McFarlane

• Middle East
    • Arkose Records
Re: High School Football Stadium Audio System
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 01:27:34 am »

Hi Connor. You might get some responses here, but there is a separate 'install' forum at this site that might be a better place to post.

My 2 cents, you'll need to go up 5-10x in your budget to get subs you can feel outdoors in a 2000 capacity football stadium. At this budget I'd forget about the subs and go instead for intelligibility across the field.

Are you in a windy location? Danley's unique designs seem to do well preserving intelligibility in windy conditions.
Mark McFarlane
ARKOSERECORDS
Turn down what's too loud.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 02:46:29 am »

Take a good look at One Systems. I've sold a number of their cabinets for sports field installations. Solid build & performance, moderate pricing.
http://onesystems.com/

Also look at RCF's P Series and the new Shadow series from FBT.
http://www.rcf.it/en_US/installed-sound-systems/p-series
http://www.fbt.it/ENG/INSTALLED-/PRODUCTS/All-Weathe/Shadow/
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

chuck clark

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:24:39 am »

hi Connor. awhile back we did a one day rental for a homecoming event at a college football field where they wanted some boom in the system for the special event.  we used a couple Community S 218 subs crossed into @ 100 hz.  We used a DBX stereo crossover and the tops were 3 Community R.5 HPs with all QSC 3402's for power.  It sounded great and they were very happy.  If you want some more serious SPL simply double the subs and upgrade to the Community R-2s.  We've been installing the R series Community stuff for yrs and for weatherproofing and ease of install with great quality, clarity, and throw they are superb!
Best of luck in your project!
Chuck

Richard Turner

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

I've been commissioned to purchase the speakers that will be mounted on our new press box at our high school football stadium, I haven't been been given a budget but I'm trying to stay around $5000 but there is a possibility it could sway upward of $10,000. The stadium is the classic high school stadium, bleachers on both home & visitor side, and averaging around 2000 fans sometime on big games we might get around 3000 but that's rare occasion. Been doing some research, I have looked into the JBL AWC's, Technomad, Community, QSC Acoustic Design (New Models), Atlas Stadium Horns, Danley & of course the Community brand speakers.  On our old press box we had 3 Community R.5 which weren't awful, they just weren't placed properly with all 3 being pointed across the field and now angled left or right. I would like to have a sub as a focal point just so the fans can feel the music instead of just hearing it (I really like the Technomad Oslo).

I've been pricing out 3 Technomad Noho's & pairing them with the Oslo, Opinions?

If you could just your thoughts on which speakers y'all prefer, what you have had luck with, which to stay away from, how many i should use & anything yall think might be helpful.

Thanks!

sit down and write down a list of everything you will need to do the job, add up what that costs, add on 20% for you (you will get several call backs on the system) and then decide if its feasible to move forward.
To do effectively cover the audience with weather resistant gear I would expect moving the decimal point of the budget one place to the right would be a good place to start.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 04:41:11 pm »

sit down and write down a list of everything you will need to do the job, add up what that costs, add on 20% for you (you will get several call backs on the system) and then decide if its feasible to move forward.
To do effectively cover the audience with weather resistant gear I would expect moving the decimal point of the budget one place to the right would be a good place to start.
Yep...$5-10K  just isn't going to get you much.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

scottstephens

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 08:01:31 pm »

Connor,
We've installed Communitys and the JBL AWS series. And for distance intelligibiliy, I'd give the edge to the Communitys. The JBL's on the other hand have better full range sound. Either way, for 2000 plus people, $10k is really going to be tight.

I'm sorry about the typos, only have 1 hand today--Thank You God for the ice.
scott

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 08:36:25 pm »

Thanks!
With your budget and 2000-3000 people forget about the sub idea honestly.
Focus on something that will do mid high and give you great vocal intelligibility over the crowd noise.
Think horn loaded stadium designs

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 09:35:07 pm »

With your budget and 2000-3000 people forget about the sub idea honestly.
Focus on something that will do mid high and give you great vocal intelligibility over the crowd noise.
Think horn loaded stadium designs
+1 on no subs.
$10K might get you a few Danley OS 80s and an amp.
Great outdoor speaker with excellent vocal inteligibility.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 01:02:38 pm »

is that budget just for the speakers-or the speakers-amps-processing-install-warranty-design etc?

Knowing what is expected for a particular budget is real helpful in the initial design.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 01:02:38 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 24 queries.