Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

A&H T112 iPad control

(1/3) > >>

Mike Sokol:
I'm working on an Allen & Heath T112 system and just hooked up an iPad for remote control. However, it has a 48 channel "master" MixRack plus a 32 channel "slave" MixRack, and there doesn't appear to be any way for the iPad to control the Slave Rack, only the Master Rack. Are there any aftermarket patches that will allow iPad control of the Slave Rack? Can I hang a second WIFI router on the Slave Rack and jump onto it as a second Master Rack using the iPad? Any workarounds out there?

Ted Christensen:

--- Quote from: Mike Sokol on February 05, 2015, 07:43:29 AM ---I'm working on an Allen & Heath T112 system and just hooked up an iPad for remote control. However, it has a 48 channel "master" MixRack plus a 32 channel "slave" MixRack, and there doesn't appear to be any way for the iPad to control the Slave Rack, only the Master Rack. Are there any aftermarket patches that will allow iPad control of the Slave Rack? Can I hang a second WIFI router on the Slave Rack and jump onto it as a second Master Rack using the iPad? Any workarounds out there?

--- End quote ---

that's good question I bet if you called ams they could tell you. my first guess would be if you did set up a second router with a different network and yes you could. there's a tutorial on how to network with the I live make sure you watch it if you haven't done this before you can't just have the router 192. 168. 1. 1 or .2 or .3. The ilive needs that for its communication

Mike Sokol:

--- Quote from: Ted Christensen on February 05, 2015, 08:11:01 AM ---that's good question I bet if you called ams they could tell you. my first guess would be if you did set up a second router with a different network and yes you could. there's a tutorial on how to network with the I live make sure you watch it if you haven't done this before you can't just have the router 192. 168. 1. 1 or .2 or .3. The ilive needs that for its communication

--- End quote ---

Yes, I watched the tutorial and have the first WIFI router set up to miss the IP addresses of the iLive surface and MixRacks. So that's all working great, but I want to access the Slave rack from the iPad as well. I have a call into tech support about this, but was thinking this should be a common question. I'll report back what I find out.

John Moore:
Slave as in expander for more channels or slave for doing independent monitors?

Mike Sokol:

--- Quote from: John Moore on February 06, 2015, 12:13:38 AM ---Slave as in expander for more channels or slave for doing independent monitors?

--- End quote ---

We're using the slave for more input channels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version