ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any EAW JFL in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas  (Read 4412 times)

Aaron Talley

Any EAW JFL in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas
« on: February 02, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »

Just wanted to take a look at some EAW JFL 213 or 210 boxes in person before I commit to them for a project.

So if anyone has any that I could come take a look at, or if you know of someone else who has some, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Talley

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Any EAW JFL in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:54:31 PM »

Just wanted to take a look at some EAW JFL 213 or 210 boxes in person before I commit to them for a project.

So if anyone has any that I could come take a look at, or if you know of someone else who has some, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Talley

You might contact EAW and have their rep for your region call you.  The rep will know who has what (at least regarding new product sales) and can contact system owners to see if they're interested in helping with a demo.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Aaron Talley

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:12 PM »

I was contacted by EAW and given the info for the regional Rep firm. Thanks EAW.

I am still interested if anyone has some in a club or church that I could take a look at.

Thanks,
Talley

Chris Burns

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »

I've been considering some as well. Please let me know your thoughts if and when you audition them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 04:36:09 PM »

I've been considering some as well. Please let me know your thoughts if and when you audition them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am a former owner of JFL210/JFL118.  With the UX8800 they sound fantastic.  They, believe it or not, have measurably less output than VRX, however sound better than VRX.  I upgraded to JBL 4886/4883 from the JFL, and the difference in output and quality wasn't subtle; nor was the additional capital investment to make it work.

The big question is if the box is the right box for your application.  There are newer high-output active trap boxes that I would look at before buying another constant-curve array.

John Penkala

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »

I am a former owner of JFL210/JFL118.  With the UX8800 they sound fantastic.  They, believe it or not, have measurably less output than VRX, however sound better than VRX.  I upgraded to JBL 4886/4883 from the JFL, and the difference in output and quality wasn't subtle; nor was the additional capital investment to make it work.

The big question is if the box is the right box for your application.  There are newer high-output active trap boxes that I would look at before buying another constant-curve array.

+1
     I currently own a JFL210/JFL118 rig and I have owned VRX in the past. The JFL's sound much better than VRX's. They are very warm and natural. The high end is very smooth. The subs sound tight and go lower than I expected. However, the excellent sound quality out of the system is at the expense of maximum SPL. In my opinion, if you are running your system near it's limits too often, you either have the wrong system or not enough rig for the gig.

-JP

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 26 queries.