ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: drummer with a question  (Read 3077 times)

Joshua thibeault

drummer with a question
« on: February 02, 2015, 08:35:37 PM »

Hello I've been looking for a powered sub to use as a kick drum monitor at practice. Have a bunch of questions so here goes . first of all I think I would need a small mixer and preferably a sub with it's own selectable crossover point.am I correct so far?Now if I go with a massive sub like a Yorkville ls2100p I could probably do away with our crappy passive subs? And run some bass guitar through it as well.and if I used it for my kick drum monitor and I used our passive subs as well would there be weird phasing issues from running 3 subs? Any help would be gregreat . basically I want to turn my kick drum into a dance floor ass kicker

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: drummer with a question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:59:06 PM »

Welcome, Joshua. As a general rule, trying to mix and match subs (or speakers in general) is not a recommended endeavor.  If you can provide some answers to the following questions, it will help folks here give you better advice:

1. What is your present gear? (be specific with model names/numbers)
2. What is your budget?
3. What type of music are you playing?

Mark C.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Richard Turner

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 12:43:16 AM »

Hello I've been looking for a powered sub to use as a kick drum monitor at practice. Have a bunch of questions so here goes . first of all I think I would need a small mixer and preferably a sub with it's own selectable crossover point.am I correct so far?Now if I go with a massive sub like a Yorkville ls2100p I could probably do away with our crappy passive subs? And run some bass guitar through it as well.and if I used it for my kick drum monitor and I used our passive subs as well would there be weird phasing issues from running 3 subs? Any help would be gregreat . basically I want to turn my kick drum into a dance floor ass kicker

http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/electronic-drumsets/drum-monitors/

Sometimes less is more. the physical impact of the butt shaker coupled with headphones is better for some drummers, demo it at local music store and find out. They make an amp module and mixer that can be fed from your sound techs board to give you your mix.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Joshua thibeault

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:22:32 AM »

They are samson rs18 400 watts at 4ohms.i put 600 watts into them.not too bad I was hoping that one ls801p would do the same job.we are a 3 piecece.thoughts?

Brian Dill

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »

The answer for you, and in fact all drummers, will inevitably be this. :) This is what all drummers say the MUST have right?

Just pulling your leg. The LS2100p is overkill. The LS801p would do the job. But honestly, do yourself a favor and go in-ear monitors.

FWIW

They are samson rs18 400 watts at 4ohms.i put 600 watts into them.not too bad I was hoping that one ls801p would do the same job.we are a 3 piecece.thoughts?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.