ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF NXL24a & RCF Sub 8004 Home Coming set up  (Read 10532 times)

Rick Alan

RCF NXL24a & RCF Sub 8004 Home Coming set up
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »

Set up for local DJ for Home Coming. 

2 - RCF NXL24a
4 - RCF Sub 8004

http://youtu.be/cTmqPEumxTU

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
Re: RCF NXL24a & RCF Sub 8004 Home Coming set up
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »

Set up for local DJ for Home Coming. 

2 - RCF NXL24a
4 - RCF Sub 8004

http://youtu.be/cTmqPEumxTU

How would you say these NXL24a's compare to a typical 2-way powered box?  I see very little as far as reviews on these speakers.  They look interesting...
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Rick Alan

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »

They sound like a typical 2 way powered box just more clarity and HP.  Plus with the horn loaded wave guide they are laser beams of sound.  I love them because of the sound clarity plus versatility.  For bigger events I can run 2 per side and even fly them if needed.

How would you say these NXL24a's compare to a typical 2-way powered box?  I see very little as far as reviews on these speakers.  They look interesting...

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:00:31 PM »

They sound like a typical 2 way powered box just more clarity and HP.  Plus with the horn loaded wave guide they are laser beams of sound.  I love them because of the sound clarity plus versatility.  For bigger events I can run 2 per side and even fly them if needed.

Are you convinced they have greater throw than your typical 2 way box?

Rick Alan

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:29:45 PM »

Yes

Are you convinced they have greater throw than your typical 2 way box?

john sanders

• Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 10:51:11 PM »

Just received a pair of the RCF NXL24's this afternoon. From the short while I spent auditioning them I'd characterize the sound as that of a huge studio monitor with obviously greater power and very impressive throw. The frequency response on these boxes is measured from 60 hz to 20k hz which really adds a nice deep bottom end and shimmering highs to your sound. I'll be utilizing them with powered QSC KW subs or my EV QRX 218's however on certain venues I would certainly feel comfortable without the accompanying subs. Another plus is the 120 horizontal by 30 degree coverage which may allow me to not have to bring 4 boxes and splay them; of course this may be a bit optimistic.
Over the following 2 weeks I'll be using them to provide audio for a few street festivals and will attempt to expand on this report.

john sanders

• Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »

Just received a pair of the RCF NXL24's this afternoon. From the short while I spent auditioning them I'd characterize the sound as that of a huge studio monitor with obviously greater power and very impressive throw. The frequency response on these boxes is measured from 60 hz to 20k hz which really adds a nice deep bottom end and shimmering highs to your sound. I'll be utilizing them with powered QSC KW subs or my EV QRX 218's however on certain venues I would certainly feel comfortable without the accompanying subs. Another plus is the 120 horizontal by 30 degree coverage which may allow me to not have to bring 4 boxes and splay them; of course this may be a bit optimistic.
Over the following 2 weeks I'll be using them to provide audio for a few street festivals and will attempt to expand on this report.
NXL24a's

Just a very quick follow up regarding the RCFNXL24A's: Superlative boxes well superior to a 2 way 15 inch or a double 12 box. The sound is natural, has greater throw and has impressive dynamic response .
I used these at a Latino street festival with many compliments as to the sound quality and the impressive distance at which they could be heard. I can lift these cabinets quite easily and the fact that they can be tripod mounted is a real plus. I did use QSC  subs with these and crossed the high pass frequencies at 100hz. Alone they put out considerable low end.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.