ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer s16 Don't Sync with x32  (Read 19289 times)

Alexander Taylor

Behringer s16 Don't Sync with x32
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:35:56 PM »

Hi guys I have just brought an x32 Rack for a install and im using it with 2 x Behringer S16 units.  the x32 rack is working great but when I connect a Behringer s16 it does not sync with the x32,  It will come up on the screen of the X32 but it has a red light beside it,  I've looked all over the net for what it could be but it seems limited on suggestions.  I have troubleshooted it for sometime now with no results.  I have set the s16 as stated in the manuals and the same for the x32 but it just won't sync....  I just want the light to turn green lol.... Any help and advice would be great and thanks in advance.... Thanks

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 03:39:58 PM »

Any help and advice would be great and thanks in advance.... Thanks

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: Behringer s16 Don't Sync with x32
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »

What are you using for cables to connect them together?  Have you tried a different cable?

Other than that, it sounds like you aren't getting clock sync set correctly.  Make sure SN master is turned off on the S16 so the X32 is the master clock. Out of the box, if you didn't change anything, that's how it should have been set to work.
Brian Jojade

Alexander Taylor

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 05:16:04 PM »

What are you using for cables to connect them together?  Have you tried a different cable?

Other than that, it sounds like you aren't getting clock sync set correctly.  Make sure SN master is turned off on the S16 so the X32 is the master clock. Out of the box, if you didn't change anything, that's how it should have been set to work.

Hi I have tried using different cables and I have the S16 configured as you have said.  It sees the s16 just doesn't have a green sync light.  its driving me nuts.  any other ideas would be grateful ?  Thanks for the advice so far I will look over my settings in the meantime,  Is there anything else I should be on the look out for to get this up and running ?

Thanks again

George Dougherty

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:02:02 PM »

Hi I have tried using different cables and I have the S16 configured as you have said.  It sees the s16 just doesn't have a green sync light.  its driving me nuts.  any other ideas would be grateful ?  Thanks for the advice so far I will look over my settings in the meantime,  Is there anything else I should be on the look out for to get this up and running ?

Thanks again

What's your clock source on the X32 itself?  Make sure it's set to internal/self, whatever the verbiage is.

Simon Lewis

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 04:59:41 AM »

Is the sample rate on the X32 and the S16 set to be the same?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 01:49:25 PM »

What's your clock source on the X32 itself?  Make sure it's set to internal/self, whatever the verbiage is.

It's on the second tab of the setup screen.  It works both ways but it is easier to leave the consoles in master. 

Don't forget that on the S16 the setup key is like a shift key.  Then you spin the knob and watch the LED's.  You can have a master or a slave with each of the slot assignment configurations.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Alexander Taylor

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »

It's on the second tab of the setup screen.  It works both ways but it is easier to leave the consoles in master. 

Don't forget that on the S16 the setup key is like a shift key.  Then you spin the knob and watch the LED's.  You can have a master or a slave with each of the slot assignment configurations.

Hi guys thanks again for the replies,  I have got the x32 set to master and the clock is set to 44.1k on both the x32 and the s16.  Its seeing the unit but has a red light next to it and not a green light.  I have read somewhere online that the red light means there out of sync.  I've looked over almost everything but cant figure it out.  I've tried different cables and 2 different s16's but getting the same results so I'm guessing its a setting on the x32 rack???  Does anyone have any idea on what cables it is I should be using regarding it being cat5/6/e ?  The unit is seeing the s16 in just dont sync (no green light).

Thanks again i really appreciate people taking there time to give me advice on this.

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 04:37:52 PM »

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »

Hi guys thanks again for the replies,  I have got the x32 set to master and the clock is set to 44.1k on both the x32 and the s16.  Its seeing the unit but has a red light next to it and not a green light.  I have read somewhere online that the red light means there out of sync.  I've looked over almost everything but cant figure it out.  I've tried different cables and 2 different s16's but getting the same results so I'm guessing its a setting on the x32 rack???  Does anyone have any idea on what cables it is I should be using regarding it being cat5/6/e ?  The unit is seeing the s16 in just dont sync (no green light).

Thanks again i really appreciate people taking there time to give me advice on this.

Check page 9 (at least in the manual that I have) of the S16 manual.  It shows the modes to which the S16 may be set.  Modes 1-6 are the modes for AES50 operation directly linked to the console.  Which mode you select determines which patch-able channels are available to patch to or from the various S16 ports.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.