ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Amps under stage. Bad idea?  (Read 9507 times)

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: Amps under stage. Bad idea?
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:07 PM »

Here's the details:

The music style is light contemporary. Don't think they will be hitting the amps hard.

1- Crown xti4002 for tops
1- Crown xti1002 bridged for sub
2- Crown xti2002 for monitors

Any suggestions?

By the way, I cringed really hard when you said 'Crown XTI bridged for subs'.

Dave Aubuchon

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 01:30:49 AM »

The only caution I'd have is that amps down low may collect a bit more dust than amps in other locations.  Do the maintenance and clean often. Actually the Crown with its front-to-back airflow may be of additional help as one can see the dust build up on the amp front.

Crown XTI being garbage?  What's not to like? They've been good to me...  And I like QSC, too.   
frank
I would never want to put my amps under a stage for long term use. Because of the garbage they would be breathing.
Some of the nastiest places on the planet are under permanent stages.
Also if you ever had a problem mid show you would have a hell of a lot harder time gaining access to it.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »

Out of sight is out of mind and cleaning will happen even less frequently if they're a pain to access.

How is power switching to be handled?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 07:19:49 PM »

Out of sight is out of mind and cleaning will happen even less frequently if they're a pain to access.

How is power switching to be handled?

There will be a hinged pull forward door which will allow for easy access to the amp rack. The door will have a vent panel for intake air flow. The amps "intakes" will be up against the vent panel. I think this will make the dust and dirt issue minimal. I guess we could add a filter to the vent panel on the door.

I was more concerned about heat build up under the stage.

We will install a remote power on/off system operated from FOH

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 07:25:01 PM »

By the way, I cringed really hard when you said 'Crown XTI bridged for subs'.

I'm not a big fan of bridging amps either. They only have a single 18" sub under the stage. The music is light contemporary Christian. Not going to be pushing it very hard. I think it will be OK

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 06:52:17 PM »

I would never want to put my amps under a stage for long term use. Because of the garbage they would be breathing.
Some of the nastiest places on the planet are under permanent stages.

I always amazed at the dust bunnies my gear can collect at a single weekend gig in a big hotel ballroom.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 06:52:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.