ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative to Whirlwind MPM4?  (Read 1863 times)

Chris Clark

• Jack of many trades, Master of few.
Alternative to Whirlwind MPM4?
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:32:37 PM »

So it appears that Whirlwind is discontinuing the MPM4 - it is no longer on their website and the distributors that are available to me (it is a horribly long process to setup new "vendors" for my work, so I prefer to use who is available as one already) are showing special order or not available. This is bad news for me because it will still be another month or two before I can get things in order to order one, which I wanted to do for one of our onsite restaurants this coming spring.

My goal is a source/zone mixer/switcher for3 zones with a minimum of 4 inputs as well as source/volume remote control for each zone. Each of the 3 zones should have a remote within the zone to select one source and control the output volume to that zone. One Paging override input would be useful but is not required. The MPM4 and associated 4R remotes fit the bill nearly perfectly with a total cost of just under $1300. I budgeted $1500 for this project last fall when preparing the budgets for this year.

I've looked through other options previously when researching for this project, the only other comparable system I found before was the Rane CP66, which while the CP66 unit is only coming up for about $100 more than the MPM4 was, the DR3 remotes that would be equal to the MPM4R remotes are 3 times the cost, taking the system cost over my budget. Before I deal with the red tape of trying to increase the amount for this project, I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas of systems that would be similar and still perform what I'm looking for, but be closer to my budget.

Thanks!
Technical Services Coordinator
Entertainment System Designer
Darien Lake Theme Park, Darien Center NY

ProSoundWeb Community

Alternative to Whirlwind MPM4?
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:32:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.