ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless HDMI  (Read 6568 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Wireless HDMI
« on: January 21, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »

I have to install a 60" flat panel TV in a conference room that will be used for showing various training videos. They will be using a laptop to run the videos. I would like to do this wireless. I've seen a couple of systems doing a Google search, but wanted to see if there is something you can recommend. I saw an IOGear that looked good.

Needs to be moderately inexpensive, around $200. easy to set up and use. Prefer HDMI. Needs to have sound as well.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:31:23 PM by Jamin Lynch »

John L Nobile

Re: Wireless HDMI
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »

I got the IOgear unit a month ago to hook up to a projector and it works great for me. No dropouts (yet). We used it every day for 2 weeks to run matinees for resort guests over Christmas.

I ran sound from the BluRay right into my board but audio does run over HDMI. I had to mute the projector. And this thing is dirt cheap too. Also has 2 switchable HDMI inputs but only HDMI inputs.

This one

http://www.iogear.com/product/GW3DHDKIT/

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 06:02:58 PM »

I got the IOgear unit a month ago to hook up to a projector and it works great for me. No dropouts (yet). We used it every day for 2 weeks to run matinees for resort guests over Christmas.

I ran sound from the BluRay right into my board but audio does run over HDMI. I had to mute the projector. And this thing is dirt cheap too. Also has 2 switchable HDMI inputs but only HDMI inputs.

This one

I think that's the same unit I looked at.

I guess it should work with a laptop?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »

That looks like a cool device. Any suggestions on getting the audio out of the HDMI at the projector end if the projector doesn't provide the 5.1 output?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

John L Nobile

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 01:37:22 AM »

It worked hooked up to the hdmi on my MacPro.

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »

That looks like a cool device. Any suggestions on getting the audio out of the HDMI at the projector end if the projector doesn't provide the 5.1 output?

Arvus. I've been eyeing this for a minute. If you get one, let me know how it works out.

http://www.aes-hdmi.com/hdmi-2a.html

John L Nobile

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »

I had to move the IOGear transmitter from 50 ' away to 80' for the night. I experienced a few dropouts. I think it may have been interference from the 5 Aruba access points in the room. Next time I go further back,  I'll turn them off.

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »

I just saw some cool new stuff at the Denon booth at Namm. Wireless HDMI as well as a breakout to audio. Can't remember the exact models, as I'm not a video guy, but there were a few different versions. I'm sure it's on their website./

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 01:20:05 PM »

I just saw some cool new stuff at the Denon booth at Namm. Wireless HDMI as well as a breakout to audio. Can't remember the exact models, as I'm not a video guy, but there were a few different versions. I'm sure it's on their website./

I suspect the cheapest solution for me though not very elegant us to buy a low end 5.1 receiver at Best Buy.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 02:18:06 PM »

This one

Just found out we can't do the wireless HDMI.

This is an install for a very large oil company. I was told their corporate IT person HAS to do all wireless no matter what it is. I think it's a security thing. Probably don't want somebody next door picking up their videos. Oh well, one less thing I have to do. We just have to mount the TV.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 02:18:06 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.