Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Road Test

Yamaha DXS12 & STAGEPAS 600i

<< < (2/2)

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Jgbolts on September 29, 2019, 10:44:59 PM ---. Was wondering how you connected them, I’m in the same situation. Thank you

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real name to comply with the forum posting rules.

Jay garcia:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on September 30, 2019, 06:49:15 AM ---Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real name to comply with the forum posting rules.

--- End quote ---

Sorry just did

Sandro Nejm:
This is simple as that: Stagepas subwoofer output is mono (it is written there right over the mixer "MONO"!). It means that even if you are playing in stereo it will mix up the stereo signal to mono.
Answer: use mono 1/4 plugs on both sides. Plug it in every Left or Mono inputs in the subwoofer, there will be no difference.
My only complaint about subwoofer output is that it forces you to use a 120hz crossover! Of course, you can apply another crossover, you will need a subwoofer with crossover high'pass output and send the signal from the subwoofer to Stagepas 600i.
Unfortunately, there isn't a manner to change the sub crossover from Yamaha Stagepas 600i of 120hz. I personally prefer 80hz crossovers. Stagepas didn't make bad not having a selectable subwoofer crossover because this is a product focused on being portable and 80hz subwoofers are heavy'weight. That's fair, right?
*if someone knows how to hardwire internally change the crossover from 120hz to 80hz please tell me, I may give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version