ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cut Extension Cord Electrocution  (Read 8391 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Cut Extension Cord Electrocution
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 04:56:11 PM »

It seems that the RV industry should invest a little more effort in managing shock hazards. No doubt people will always look for simple work arounds for inconvenient trips, and the perverse consequence of increased safety device use is that people become even more careless...

Nothing like seeing a few fellow campers fried on the evening news to raise your sensitivity to shock hazards. 

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Glenn James

• Darwin, Australia
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 06:13:40 AM »

We go camping with friends really often and I am always appalled at how little they respect electricity. They just haphazardly throw down cables between camps, through water, walkways and places that are driven over regularly.
I walk around and will elevate cables over regular walkways, run things through 'less walked' places and keep parts of the cable, especially plugs, as far from little kiddie reach as possible.
Having somebody just cut through a cable doesn't surprise me one little bit.

Mark Dawson

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 05:25:31 AM »

I do wonder if something else is involved. For a lighting guy to pull out a female end of a cable and cut it off with a leatherman takes an extraordinary lack of brain engagement.     Being from NZ most outdoor gpo's have gfci's on them (or RCDs as they're known here) however they are slightly less common at higher ampacities.  A gpo here is 10a, whereas a caravan is hooked up with a 16a blue cee.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 09:27:34 AM »

We go camping with friends really often and I am always appalled at how little they respect electricity. They just haphazardly throw down cables between camps, through water, walkways and places that are driven over regularly.
I walk around and will elevate cables over regular walkways, run things through 'less walked' places and keep parts of the cable, especially plugs, as far from little kiddie reach as possible.
Having somebody just cut through a cable doesn't surprise me one little bit.

Perhaps why I just stick to tent camping, batteries and LED lighting.  Oh, and a campfire.

Best regards,

John

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 12:50:14 AM »

Perhaps why I just stick to tent camping, batteries and LED lighting.  Oh, and a campfire.

I find it quite annoying to go to some remote campground only to find out that the next campsite over brought along their big-screen TV to watch the big game... in their tent. I guess that's why I like to avoid campgrounds.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 12:50:14 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.