ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colour coding Speakons  (Read 14592 times)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
Re: Colour coding Speakons
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 09:05:39 PM »

Remember the Ye Olde Dayz when Kathy from Neutrik USA would hang out here?  Suggestions like yours would be passed on to the powers in Luxembourg and many of them were eventually incorporated into the products.

IIRC, she left Neutrik to become a wedding planner...

Yep, I remember when Kathy participated here.  Always helpful.

Maybe they will see this thread...

John

Richard Turner

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 12:14:01 AM »

Must be my Scottish heritage. I just write the length on the not black part of the connector with a sharpie.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 09:33:49 AM »

Must be my Scottish heritage. I just write the length on the not black part of the connector with a sharpie.

I have done that as well.

John

Josh Hana

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »

We use color electrical tape just behind the connector to indicate length. We don't use NL2 at all, but the companies that I have worked with will either use the green connectors or use a special color wrapped around the connector itself rather than on the cable.

My problem with Etape is that every few months it starts peeling back and you have a mess of gooey crap all over the cable which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Zipties will destroy anyone's hands while wrapping it, and all of our heatshrink has eventually come loose. I've seen some companies painting the XLR connectors but that eventually fades off as well. I think the best is maybe colored tape or labels with clear heatshrink over it.

For multiple looms, I usually just take 1/2" spike tape and do one, two, or 3 strips at each end of the cable to differentiate the lines, and it comes off at the end of the show. I do have 2 sets of 3x NL8 which are perma labeled with heatshrink and colored tape, marked for TOP/MID/BTM zones.

Guy Morris

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:02 AM »

I use one of those label printers by Brother as they do self adhesive tapes (Tz) in Red/Blue/Green /Yellow/White (use 12mm) which gives enough colour code option for the longer lengths (cannot believe people code a 0.5m length! ) Everyone seems to operate different codes/lengths I find it useful just for 5m/7m /10m/15m/25m when looking in a trunk.
You could print on the length as well ie 15M and the tape length that prints out is just right for going all the way round the cable diameters (inc thick ones). They look discreet and mine have lasted 5 years so far

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:02 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.