ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha MY-16-AUD interfacing to AVB stream  (Read 8178 times)

Nicholas Bailey

Yamaha MY-16-AUD interfacing to AVB stream
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:05:46 pm »

Guys,

Do anyone know if the Yamaha MY-16-AUD can be used to interface a AVB audio stream into and out of Yamaha m7cl mixing console.  I am considering a new dsp for my church that has a AVB input but not a Dante input.  I found a add for that card that mentions AVB.  I got this explaination back from one of the internet retailers.

AVB standards are in place, but the implementation has not been fully developed *as of now*.  Audinate has the ability to support it, but we’re not hooked directly to them (only through manufacturer’s whose products use their technology).  If you want to get more details, I suggest contacting them directly:
https://www.audinate.com

I did make a attempt to email audinete but did not recieve a reply back.  Thanks for the clarification.  My understanding is AVB and Dante are similar but not exactly the same protocol.

Nick

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Yamaha MY-16-AUD interfacing to AVB stream
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 03:01:45 pm »

What DSP are you thinking of using that supports AVB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:15:48 pm »

The only one that I am aware of is the Meyer D-Mitri, though that's not really a system processor.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 06:59:34 pm »

I think Biamp has some as well.

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Nicholas Bailey

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 08:48:44 am »

I was thinking that I could use a BiAmp Tesira Forte possibly.  I am open to other products though.  The system is a Yorkville TX4 system with left and right clusters.  Each cluster has a center speaker
that is pointed to the rear of the room and two that are pulled up higher to cover more of the front of the room. I believe that the TX4 processors are starting to fail.  One processor handles the short throws and another handles the long through.

We also have a Aviom pro64 digital snake and the aes digital output box that gets us 32 channels into a Protools HD system.

I thought if I found a black box that had a AVB interface and at least 8 analog mic pres I could use it for speaker processoring and retire the yorkville boxes and have the ability to record another 8 channels into the ProTools HD rig. 

But would need to be able to get the AVB into the Yamaha board to make all this happen. 

Long term plan is to replace the M7cl with a Avid board.  That is the other reason I was looking for a AVB box.

Let me know if that is just a crazy dream or if there is some other product that will do what I want.

John J Saunders

• John J Saunders
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

Motu has some new avb interfaces that look pretty slick. Might want to check them out.
John Saunders

John Garbutt

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 12:37:34 pm »

Pivitec offers a bi-directional MY-AVB card.

John

Leland Green

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 03:41:11 pm »

Guys,

Do anyone know if the Yamaha MY-16-AUD can be used to interface a AVB audio stream into and out of Yamaha m7cl mixing console.  I am considering a new dsp for my church that has a AVB input but not a Dante input.  I found a add for that card that mentions AVB.  I got this explaination back from one of the internet retailers.

AVB standards are in place, but the implementation has not been fully developed *as of now*.  Audinate has the ability to support it, but we’re not hooked directly to them (only through manufacturer’s whose products use their technology).  If you want to get more details, I suggest contacting them directly:
https://www.audinate.com

I did make a attempt to email audinete but did not recieve a reply back.  Thanks for the clarification.  My understanding is AVB and Dante are similar but not exactly the same protocol.

Nick

Hi Nicolas,

I'm sure one of the guys from Audinate will respond shortly, but wanted to give you some information until then.  Currently, Dante does not support AVB.  However, support for AVnu AVB will be available in the future.

AVB is the common name for a set of technical standards developed by IEEE 802.1 task group. These standards determine how a network will handle real-time audio, video and control applications.  However, there is little to nothing in the 802.1 standards to indicate how devices from different manufacturers will communicate their details with each other (ie. Device sample rate, bit-depth, channel count, etc.).  So... as long as your network meets the requirements of the 801.1 standard, you can call it an AVB network. But this does not mean that an AVB device from manufacturer X will connect and play nice with an AVB device from manufacturer Y.

The AVnu Alliance was formed to help simplify the interaction of AVB devices from different manufacturers for consumers.  It's members include almost all of the major Professional A/V companies (including all of those mentioned so far except MOTU), network equipment manufacturers, automobile manufacturers and more. Hopefully, when all is set and done, we will be referencing "AVnu-Certified" AVB devices, not just AVB devices.  This is very similar to computer and network devices being labeled as "WiFi" compatible, not 802.11 compatible.

I have seen AVnu AVB used to route audio between multiple manufactures at the AVnu booth during the last few InfoCOMM and NAB shows, but there is still a little work to be done.  Unfortunately, these things take time when you have manufacturers with different priorities.  That being said, things are looking good!  For those interested, I would suggest taking a look at avnu.org for more information.

Leland

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:47:02 pm by Leland Green »
Leland Green
Training Manager, Technical Marketing Group
Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 03:41:11 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.