Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Road Test

QSC TouchMix-16

<< < (2/4) > >>

Don Davis:

--- Quote from: Tom Roche on January 09, 2015, 04:00:22 PM ---I'm holding off purchasing a TM-16 until two problems are resolved: 1) low output and 2) a power up issue.  QSC identified the causes and the fix will be included in the forthcoming V2.0 firmware release.  Even though both bugs affect very few units, V2.0 will include other improvements and new functionality. 

I've been impressed at how responsive QSC has been to customers' issues and suggestions regarding the TouchMix.

--- End quote ---

Tom, I am about to purchase one of these but was unaware of the problems you mention. Can I assume the firmware on existing units will be upgradable and fix the problems or is waiting for a new release the way to go?

Tom Roche:

--- Quote from: Don Davis on January 09, 2015, 04:26:14 PM ---Tom, I am about to purchase one of these but was unaware of the problems you mention. Can I assume the firmware on existing units will be upgradable and fix the problems or is waiting for a new release the way to go?

--- End quote ---
Yes.  I can't imagine a company putting out a digital board with no capability to update firmware.  You can keep informed of the latest at QSC's forum.

As I see it, it's just a matter of who loads the firmware: the user (existing owners) or QSC (on new units).  I choose to wait.  Keep in mind most owners are not experiencing the stated issues, so chances are excellent you won't either if you were to purchase now.

Matt Vivlamore:

--- Quote from: Tom Roche on January 09, 2015, 04:00:22 PM ---I'm holding off purchasing a TM-16 until two problems are resolved: 1) low output and 2) a power up issue.  QSC identified the causes and the fix will be included in the forthcoming V2.0 firmware release.  Even though both bugs affect very few units, V2.0 will include other improvements and new functionality. 

I've been impressed at how responsive QSC has been to customers' issues and suggestions regarding the TouchMix.

--- End quote ---

I have not noticed this on my TM16.  However, Chris Brouelette  posted this on QSC's forum: Firmware V2.0 will be released Jan 22, 2015.

I like my TM16, it works great for Ceremonies & Cocktail bands.  I haven't worked with a Bar Band on it, but at first... it maybe a little slow like any other digital console setting up for the first time.

My only issue with the supplied console is the USB Network thingy, it has a very limited range.  However, that can be easily fixed with a WiFi Network box.

Tom Roche:

--- Quote from: Matt Vivlamore on January 12, 2015, 10:01:32 AM ---I have not noticed this on my TM16.  However, Chris Brouelette  posted this on QSC's forum: Firmware V2.0 will be released Jan 22, 2015.

I like my TM16, it works great for Ceremonies & Cocktail bands.  I haven't worked with a Bar Band on it, but at first... it maybe a little slow like any other digital console setting up for the first time.

My only issue with the supplied console is the USB Network thingy, it has a very limited range.  However, that can be easily fixed with a WiFi Network box.

--- End quote ---
Good news about the V2.0 release date.  Thanks for the update.

V2.0 includes "features" QSC claims will eliminate connectivity issues some are reporting with the wi-fi dongle.  This seems to be the most reported problem with the TM-16.

John B. Miller:

--- Quote from: Tom Roche on January 12, 2015, 03:10:38 PM ---Good news about the V2.0 release date.  Thanks for the update.

V2.0 includes "features" QSC claims will eliminate connectivity issues some are reporting with the wi-fi dongle.  This seems to be the most reported problem with the TM-16.

--- End quote ---

Another major problem with the unit is that the dynamics processing occurs immediately following the input, and is therefore always audible in the aux outputs. I mentioned this to a QSC rep who seemed incredulous at first, but then confirmed that this was indeed the case. I heard through the grapevine that this also might be something addressed in a new firmware revision. I hope it is, because compression in the monitors drives most singers nuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version