ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2015 Smaart Training Classes (so far)  (Read 10274 times)

Karen Anderson

• http://www.rationalacoustics.com
2015 Smaart Training Classes (so far)
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »

Happy New Year! We have started to fill out our 2015 Smaart Training Class schedule and have 4 US classes confirmed so far:

January 28-30 at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center in Santa Clarita, CA (Los Angeles metro area)
February 3-5 at Cornerstone Fellowship in Livermore, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
February 24-26 at Brown Note Productions in Thornton, CO (Denver metro area)
July 7-9 at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA

All classes will follow the standard 3-day training format with Days 1&2 covering Smaart Operator Fundamentals http://www.rationalacoustics.com/smaart-operator-fundamentals-course-description/ and Day 3 as the optional System Alignment Practicum http://www.rationalacoustics.com/application-practicum-system-alignment/.

The Los Angeles, San Francisco & Denver classes will be taught by Jamie Anderson and the Virginia class will be taught by Harry Brill Jr.

As always, a full listing of currently scheduled Smaart Training Classes along with registration information can be found at:
http://www.rationalacoustics.com/training/training-class-schedule/

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:45:08 AM by Karen Anderson »
Karen Anderson
Marketing Madame and Den Mother
Rational Acoustics LLC
karen@rationalacoustics.com
860-928-7828

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: 2015 Smaart Training Classes (so far)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:38:39 PM »

Happy New Year! We have started to fill out our 2015 Smaart Training Class schedule and have 4 US classes confirmed so far:

January 28-30 at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center in Santa Clarita, CA (Los Angeles metro area)
February 3-5 at Cornerstone Fellowship in Livermore, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
February 24-26 at Brown Note Productions in Thornton, CO (Denver metro area)
July 7-9 at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA

All classes will follow the standard 3-day training format with Days 1&2 covering Smaart Operator Fundamentals http://www.rationalacoustics.com/smaart-operator-fundamentals-course-description/ and Day 3 as the optional System Alignment Practicum http://www.rationalacoustics.com/application-practicum-system-alignment/.

The Los Angeles, San Francisco & Denver classes will be taught by Jamie Anderson and the Virginia class will be taught by Harry Brill Jr.

As always, a full listing of currently scheduled Smaart Training Classes along with registration information can be found at:
http://www.rationalacoustics.com/training/training-class-schedule/

Something in the Great Lakes would be nice.  Cleveland (great town <g>), Detroit or Chicago. 

Buffalo is a garden spot in the winter.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »

Something in the Great Lakes would be nice.  Cleveland (great town <g>), Detroit or Chicago. 

I've been bugging for a Smaart Class in Ontario for a while now, at this point I would travel south of the border rather than wait any longer.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 01:28:09 AM »

I've been bugging for a Smaart Class in Ontario for a while now, at this point I would travel south of the border rather than wait any longer.

Arthur Skudra is the "Great White North" instructor for Smaart.  If you can put together a class of 14 or so paid students, Rational will set up a class subject to instructor availability.

Or come to Denver at the end of February, I'm probably taking the class again and bringing an employee or 2.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:31:57 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 04:49:16 PM »

We're working on it Spenser!  Can I suggest you send another email to the folk at SF Marketing, they are the ones that host the seminars, and hire me as the instructor.

Mark Oakley

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 05:45:47 PM »

I don't own SMAART yet, but it's on my list of gear to buy and learn, and I'm also in Ontario (just outside of Toronto). Please add my name to the list.

-Mark
Oakley Audio

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:56 AM »

Same here! If there was a class in the northern US, I would travel down.
I will rattle the folks at SF again.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:24:12 AM by Keith Broughton »
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Mark Long

• Dayton, OH
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »

Second that - I'm in Ohio.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 12:33:56 PM »

Second that - I'm in Ohio.

Mark, I have business in Hueber Heights and Sidney quite often.  We should have a cup off coffee sometime.

Don't you have some Danley inventory?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Harry Brill Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

We have added a class in Charlotte, NC April 6-8.  Email me (do not message me on PSW) if you are interested.  http://tigeraudioinc.com/charlotte2015.html

There is a class every year in Chicago.  If you are missing them, you need to register at Rational Acoustics so you get the emails that only come about every 6 weeks or so, or if there is a big announcement.  The class is in the Fall.  I was asked to do the next one so I'm pretty sure they are working on it.

Arthur Skudra is the instructor for Canada.  Rational has distributors for most other countries.  Rational doesn't put the classes on in Canada, the distributor does.  You can contact Arthur and he can direct you who to ask (believe me you don't have to talk him into it), or you can go to the Rational website and find the Canadian distributer and request a class.  They are also dealers for gear.  If you happen to be one of their clients, you may even ask them about hosting.

In the US at least, it takes a host that provides a venue, gear, and enough potential attendees to make the class viable.  We need about 12 or more to make it worth doing.  Rational has an even higher expense than we do and they take a loss on some classes, but it generally balances out.  I can say fairly, and I know Karen would never tell you this, that Rational is not making any money on classes when you look at the entire year.  They also offer software discounts to attendees to help promote education EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT THE HOST.  They really do care about us systweaks, and they know great service is what drives this industry.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.