ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Spanset Rigging  (Read 17888 times)

Xavier Moore

Re: Spanset Rigging
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »

I just ordered another set of these frames.  The tubing is 2.5" steel, the cross section required to fit over the forks of our older Genies.  This is drawn upside down as the long bar actually sits on top of the forks.  They have half inch forged eyebolts in the center and near the ends for lifting up to 500 lbs.  Holes in the short sections match holes in the forks to accept quick release pins.  I strongly suggest consulting an experienced rigger BEFORE you buy and implement anything that you hang over peoples' heads.

did you have to get this welded together or did you buy it from somewhere, im talking with the company multi image group

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »

I sell VMB lifts and the Cosmic Truss CT-5 which is very similar, possibly oem'ed by VMB. They offer welded cross bars  to fit the forks on their models, which I believe someone posted images of earlier in the thread.

I use the VMB FAS-01 fork adaptor on the HDT-8 lifts.
Should work on Sumners if the fork spacing is adjustable.

JR
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

Xavier Moore

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 03:42:28 PM »

does anyone know the dimensions of the forks on the sumner eventer 16. the drawing i have tells me rounded off dims, i need the exact dims. and the thickness of the forks.

i found a steel fabrication company to make me 2 spacers to slide on to the forks to keep them from colapsing together.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 03:42:28 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.