ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Spanset Rigging  (Read 17874 times)

Xavier Moore

Spanset Rigging
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:45:51 PM »

On the pitcures attached its showing how a spanset is wrapped around the array lift forks. on that spanset is it two spansets or one spanset and would someone be able to tell me what the lengths are because im new to vertical array lifting, and i have been doing ground stacking for a while.

i plan on investing in the sumner eventer 16 or 20 and the carvin trx3210a array speakers. the speakers weight 60 lbs ea. and the flybar is probably 20 lbs and im going to only use 4 speakers per side for now.

i was looking at the company spanset and i came across this spanet that they told me comes in different lengths.

http://www.spanset-usa.com/products-services/lifting/roundslings/stage-slingr.html
model: ss90

please help me to under stand how you wrap the spanset around the forks.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Spanset Rigging
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 01:00:05 PM »

Have you consulted a rigger?

That's probably a 6' SpanSet in use there, but as your rigger will explain to you, you're going to want to have a variety of supplies (SpanSets of varying lengths, shackles, steel, etc) in your rigging trunk.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Scott Helmke

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »

1) Please change your profile so that your real name is shown.

2) Hanging from a lift in that manner is not safe - the downward pull on the spanset puts sideways stress on the forks.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »

On the pitcures attached its showing how a spanset is wrapped around the array lift forks. on that spanset is it two spansets or one spanset and would someone be able to tell me what the lengths are because im new to vertical array lifting, and i have been doing ground stacking for a while.

i plan on investing in the sumner eventer 16 or 20 and the carvin trx3210a array speakers. the speakers weight 60 lbs ea. and the flybar is probably 20 lbs and im going to only use 4 speakers per side for now.

i was looking at the company spanset and i came across this spanet that they told me comes in different lengths.

http://www.spanset-usa.com/products-services/lifting/roundslings/stage-slingr.html
model: ss90

please help me to under stand how you wrap the spanset around the forks.

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 04:13:36 PM »

2) Hanging from a lift in that manner is not safe - the downward pull on the spanset puts sideways stress on the forks.

How much?
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »

I was under the impression that the Sumner Eventer lifts were designed for exactly this usage in mind.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Scott Helmke

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 04:29:20 PM »

How much?

I don't know if the Sumners are OK with side loading. I called Genie a while back and sideways loads on the ST towers are not rated. So instead you'd want something across the forks to provide a center hang point, or maybe just a spacer to keep the forks from being pulled toward each other.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »

I don't know if the Sumners are OK with side loading. I called Genie a while back and sideways loads on the ST towers are not rated. So instead you'd want something across the forks to provide a center hang point, or maybe just a spacer to keep the forks from being pulled toward each other.

We use a spacer made from 2.5" square steel tubing.  It's only to keep the forks from being pulled together and is not designed to suspend any load.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »

How much?
That depends on the amount of friction you get by wrapping the spanset around the forks and the angle to the load beneath.

I suggest you take a piece of truss or maybe the special spreader-bar made by the manufacturer.
Another thing to be carefull about is the amount of ballast you put on the base of the lift.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 05:10:07 PM »

One big issue with the Sumner lifts is that the weight rating drops quite a bit as you move out on the forks with your load. The Genie does this too, but not as much as the Sumner.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 05:10:07 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.