ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley TH-118's  (Read 37395 times)

John Rutirasiri

Re: Danley TH-118's
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »

any particular reason? What is the better option?
I went from DRPA (original) to 260 to the 4800.  The 260 was noticeably better in sound quality.  But the 4800 is in another league compared to those two.  I didn't know how "average" the 260 sounded until I started using the 4800.  It was just night and day.

The 4800 has been incredibly rock solid over the years.  It has never misbehaved or crashed.  It just works, and works very well.

However, 4800 might be overkill for mobile DJ application, especially since you just need to cross over the sub.
I would recommend the DR260 if staying with dBX.

I did an install where the PX was spec'ed.  It's a cripped box.  I'd stay away from the PX at all cost.

Good luck,
JR
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »

any particular reason? What is the better option?

Most any other processor made.

Aren't you using the presets in the Danley amps?  Why would you need a second external processor?

Best regards,

John

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 02:26:28 AM »

Most any other processor made.

Aren't you using the presets in the Danley amps?  Why would you need a second external processor?

Best regards,

John

The presets in the danley amps are if you are running them full range

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »

The presets in the danley amps are if you are running them full range
But once they are recalled-they can be changed as needed for the particular situation, and then saved to a preset.

All the control needed is in the internal DSP.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 02:25:03 PM »

What would you suggest? The application is Mobile DJ Work...

I sell more of the Ashly 3.6SP processors than any other. They sound good, fully featured and great BFTB.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »

Either configure the processor you have in the amp or get a good external one. Why buy the cheapest DSP for these high end speakers?

Why are people not liking the Driverack-PA?
The PA model makes bad power cycle thumps, has minimal flexibility and doesn't sound so good. They are low priced for a reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »

Either configure the processor you have in the amp or get a good external one. Why buy the cheapest DSP for these high end speakers?

Why are people not liking the Driverack-PA?
The PA model makes bad power cycle thumps, has minimal flexibility and doesn't sound so good. They are low priced for a reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Honestly the Behringer Ultra drive sounds much better than the Drive Rack PA.  I have a Drive Rack PA you can have with the microphone for cheap if your heart is set on it.  However that being said I still would not use a Behringer processor on a Danley.  Just not right.

I too don't understand why not to use the amps processing. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 10:42:23 PM »

I sell more of the Ashly 3.6SP processors than any other. They sound good, fully featured and great BFTB.

Me too. I have installed and used a ton of Ashly Protea processors and they are great for the money.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 10:43:24 PM »

Honestly the Behringer Ultra drive sounds much better than the Drive Rack PA.  I have a Drive Rack PA you can have with the microphone for cheap if your heart is set on it.  However that being said I still would not use a Behringer processor on a Danley.  Just not right.

I too don't understand why not to use the amps processing.

Well said. Just use the processing in the amps and keep it simple for DJ work.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 07:03:43 AM »

Just got the TH-118 and SM 96 combo.....Using the Danley 7500 amps....X-over is set to 80....Just don't seem to be getting the low end out of them.....more boomy than anything....I have a rane eq on them and am trying to dial it in....I have qsc PL 380's coming tommorow which I may try...I am trying to get a thicker tighter bass....is this the result of using a digital amp?

As we've been saying, use the DSP built into the Danley amplifiers.  No reason to add extra costs with an external processor, no matter what the cost.

Something else occurred to me concerning the bass-it sounds like a cable or setting may have reversed polarity in one of the low frequency sections and causing cancellation between your subs, not addition of bass.  Check all cables, both in the amp rack and the speaker cables, check the processor settings in all the low frequency sections/paths, and make sure that everything is wired correct,and nothing is reversed.

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 07:03:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.