ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Monitor help... Powered or Un-Powered  (Read 6494 times)

Marsellus Fariss

• Grey Eagle Music Hall
Re: New Monitor help... Powered or Un-Powered
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »

Make sure your considering the abuse they may take from fans. My stage is low enough to get beer spilled on it nightly and putting a bunch of powered electronics on it in harms way makes me nurvous. What happens when a whole pint gets dumped right on the back or in the horn? Will people sitting on your stage or musos manhandling them cause power cable seating or disconnection problems? Cause they will grab your gear before you can help them with it. I think every powered wedge should have some type of locking power con.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:29:01 PM by Marsellus Fariss »
Marsellus Fariss
Production Manager
Grey Eagle Music Hall

Ambassador to Clubland
"Welcome to Clubland! Here's a Sharpie and your input list. Its 30 minutes till doors."

Quote from: dick rees
Just accept that it's a crap situation and take the money.

Ken Barlow

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 10:00:25 PM »

Make sure your considering the abuse they may take from fans. My stage is low enough to get beer spilled on it nightly and putting a bunch of powered electronics on it in harms way makes me nurvous. What happens when a whole pint gets dumped right on the back or in the horn? Will people sitting on your stage or musos manhandling them cause power cable seating or disconnection problems? Cause they will grab your gear before you can help them with it. I think every powered wedge should have some type of locking power con.

Just so happens QSC designed a locking IEC for both models. Will still work with a off the shelf IEC in case you lose them. That was a selling point for me. I do need to check on replacement drivers for the spilled pint scenario. Gotta be better than JBL Eons as far as access to components I would suspect. QSC designs are pretty thorough IMHO.
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have been out of this business years ago.

Cameron M Gunn

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »

Between the two you listed, I'd take the QSC K12's over the Yamaha's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.