ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting setup for new church sanctuary  (Read 15200 times)

Paul Guthrie

• DiTech AV
Re: Lighting setup for new church sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 12:32:34 AM »

Any take on lights with fans vs. fan-less? Reliability concerns? Noise concerns?
[/quote]

It really Depends on the light.    My experience with fans, noise/reliability are:  You Get What You Pay for!

We have had a couple of different lights that we brought in for customers that where spec'd for them. (DFC)  The cheaper units had loud fans in them.  Some of the really cheap ones didn't last too long when they had power 24/7.

That Said, Some that were spec'd were very impressive and are still running strong.

As far as Mega, they are great very quiet and very reliable.   
Rental Stocklist:
DAS Audio
DiColor 3.91 LED Video Wall
Yamaha
PR Lighting
Mega Lighting
Sennheiser

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »

Irvin,

I got an email yesterday from Springtree. They have some used lights out of an install. Namely some S4s for $100. You can contact them at springtree.net.

Kyle

Bob Maitland

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:19 AM »

Hi there!
My church is expanding by building a new adjacent room for our sanctuary. Construction is about half way to be complete in early January.

We're trying to do the stage lighting ourselves in terms of design.
I'm the sound engineer for the church but also been tasked to look into lighting design.

Goal is to provide good contemporary illumination during praise and worship and also some mild level of special effects. Budget is $15K or so.

Room size is 38'x63'ft, 20ft ceiling enough for 160 seats.
Stage is 38'x16' and raised 21inches. Stage floor is glossy black tile, stage back wall is dark brown/charcoal.
Sanctuary room has no windows and all room lighting is controlled/dimmable.
Ceiling is black tiled grid with power outlets installed all over the ceiling.

Questions:
1. 3 point lighting: key, fill, backlight. Is this necessary? I often see concerts use a center spot (follow) light + backlight vs. 3 point lights.
2. What LED fixtures would do for such stage lighting? Are PAR cans too soft edged?
3. I read that 50-100FC is the target goal for stage brightness. Is this correct? How do I design for this brightness spec.
I'm thinking to use photometrics from light fixtures minus 50% reduction for creating warm white (3000 K) light.

Appreciate the help!
Thanks!
Go to churchstagedesignideas.com You can find all the info you need within your budget. Seriously. --your stage is small, the room is small...15k will get you by fine, using their solutions.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:19 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.